2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6061 - 6080 of 6146 Posts

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
not easy with a BMW with different sizes F & R
Right enough :) completely forgot about that scenario, they squirmy enough without a space saver in the mix 👍😂

·
Registered
716 Posts
whaaaat oooh dood you have to sometime, any will do it brings a grin like no other tbh.

All i did was drive the still dirty betty to work and back today :( going to try and skin off early tomorrow i cant take it anymore!

oh and heres a wierd one, so since applying natty carnauba top wax, any time my cars clean it gets covered in flies and varius insects i thought it was the beads of water but they do it when its dry too....we researched at work and insects find caranuba wax irresistible, they are still micro-nibbling the coating after 3 weeks driving......loads of spiders too hahah, its like crack to them its only harmful to them if it has silicates which ofc PoorBoys doesnt :) so im not harming but feeding my local bugs :p before twatting their cousins on grill and windscreen/front. ying and yang a bit like betty really. :ROFLMAO:
I've been a passenger only in rwd cars (my brother has a few rare Mazda mx5's I will see if i can borrow one for the day) yes I find bugs love my car after a fresh detail, mind you they love the car as soon as I wash it with Autoglym shampoo!

·
Registered
716 Posts
All the following parts arrived will be getting them fitted in next few weeks.

New discs allround.
New front calipers.
New rear brake backing covers.
Brake and clutch fluid bleed.

I think I will get the arb bushes replaced aswell and car will get a full inspection if anything else needs replacing.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've been a passenger only in rwd cars (my brother has a few rare Mazda mx5's I will see if i can borrow one for the day) yes I find bugs love my car after a fresh detail, mind you they love the car as soon as I wash it with Autoglym shampoo!
Give them a try, I've had a few rwd cars over the years including a few fairly high powered ones.

To be honest they are a little overrated for road driving (rwd in general not MX5). 90% of the time you can't tell what wheels are driving the car anyway so it makes little odds either way.

What I'm saying will make the purists gasp and make crosses with their fingers at me but it's true. Most folk don't have the ability and aren't reckless enough to take advantage of a rwd drive train the vast majority of the time.

Of course this a fwd hatchback forum so my comments will probably go down "ok" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
Perfect if he has an imported mk 1.5 i had obe, hairdresser car it is not, i dare you not to come out grinning like a demented madman.

A perfect car to experience in it, i kept my brg mk 1.5 90 plate 1.6 rsi for nearly 10yr, do it while its dry n roads are still cleanish.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
Well day off yesterday didnt happen due to site disasters but today much nicer so bettys been washed down dried and poorboys pro polish appled.

Spot of lunch then a going over of ex-p sealant i think.

Wash n polish stage done

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
@Das this will have you ranting look a fake bridie for lunch, silly dad!

Plant Grass Food Tin can Groundcover

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
A saddlers one thou he couldnt be bothered goung round corner!! Everyone knows its mclarens for bridies!! Need to nip up to your old toon later hoover out betty at autosales n fill her up with bp, ill sneak a pic for you for old times sake lol

·
i-Vtec
4,862 Posts
@Mandoscottie when I was on facepage I guy across the road from me posted he was off to Forfar to pick up a car one day, I posted to him "go into one of the bakeries and get yourself a Bridie" about 2 hours later there was a knock at the door, hes standing there with two for me!!!

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
@Mandoscottie when I was on facepage I guy across the road from me posted he was off to Forfar to pick up a car one day, I posted to him "go into one of the bakeries and get yourself a Bridie" about 2 hours later there was a knock at the door, hes standing there with two for me!!!
Im a heathen i like the flaky ones cold....

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
Take you back Das?

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

No chamyswingers tho or tuechtars must play farming simulator or something these days :D

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
Lol, wiper arms reflection.
lol yer yer thats a new one! is that a wiper arm reflection or are you just pleased to see it! shes looking super glossy tbh mate nice :) should really go update sat nav now usb is ready but cant be hooped putting boots back on :p she got 5hours valeting today, hoovered inside ,m boot and parcel shelf fragranced while i was at it and carpets done. happier now i got another layer of sealant on it, no insect feasts this time didnt apply carnauba this time lol

tyres checked and put up to 36 all round getting cold up here and tps been moaning, reset and its riding fine filled up with E10 BP, had half a tank of esso E10 in it.

6061 - 6080 of 6146 Posts