2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6241 - 6260 of 6287 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
My plans exactly too squeeze in 1 last coat before winter :) blue skies up north this morning and forecast all weekend, double figures too, wax weather!

might even pop wheels off and give them a proper going over and redo the side bolsters to get them looking A1 to match rest of the seat now.

@Chris9 id suggest buying a couple of silica gel bags, i keep a large one on rear under seat and 2 small ones up front for leaving on dash at night, i hate sitting waiting on demisting windows :p even with mistx on all the glass, downside of early morning commutes to work and cold outside, id say its from my wet hair after a shower but i would only be kidding both of us, lol its the water vapour off my chrome dome.
I have 3 small dehumidifiers in the car and they do the job, no mist on the windows at all 😀
Today it's spitting (what a surprise 😅) but yesterday i was lucky i managed get the job done..
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant Grille

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Water Water resources Plant Light Sky
Automotive lighting Hood Sky Automotive mirror Helmet

She is happier now i can tell! 😁

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Reactions: Chris9

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,911 Posts
Manage a wash and wax, high five. Washed it first, then wiped it down with my new best friend maguires supreme XL drying cloth, what a bad boy, quick run around and it’s streak free in minimal time, it’s a monster the amount of water it holds. Then the weather decided to spit again just to annoy me, so had to hold off waxing, oh well, bad boy drying cloth out again🤣🤣. Couple coats of maguires supreme wax and boom done, protect over winter. I can tell you it’s helped with the roof rust on top of weather strip. I have ploughed the wax over that and it hasn’t progressed any further, I literally ploughed the wax over that when I have waxed the roof, helped no end till I sort it out next year.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Been wondering what I can do about the brutally hard ride on Tein springs and standard shocks.

Appears that this setup is highly sensitive to tyre pressure, anything too high or too low will be felt. Likely as it's so low that there's not much give in the suspension.

Currently seems 28psi is the balance of a decent ride and nice handling...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
With hindsight I might have stayed with standard springs as it's meant to be a family/commuter car, not a fun car! Passengers hate it :D

That being said it's still just me in the car 90% of the time and it's definitely one of the better handling cars I've owned now.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,911 Posts
Always going to be a harsh ride. Mines crazy harsh, some days I’m fine others I’m like f**k me. But the car looks dam fine and handles like on rails, so I put up with it🤣🤣🤣 that’s the trade off I suppose.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Always going to be a harsh ride. Mines crazy harsh, some days I’m fine others I’m like f**k me. But the car looks dam fine and handles like on rails, so I put up with it🤣🤣🤣 that’s the trade off I suppose.
adjustable coilovers could solve it though no? i kinda wish i had a 10g comfort mode but tbh im used to it, and my bettys face way prettier than a comfort mode win, feels more civicy ;) sssh dont tell the 10gs :p i still have a civic baby bonnet :love:

6241 - 6260 of 6287 Posts