2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6261 - 6280 of 6287 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,911 Posts
yes and no, coil overs can make the ride really stiff, but think you need the correct spring rate for you car, think you can adjust to a softer ride, but I think it’s still stiff and uncomfortable. @JayR35 wil know more as he’s had them on his fn2 and said the ride is really harsh

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
With just me in the car and with tyres at the right pressure it's a great budget warm hatch. It's just moved away from why I bought it as wife complains at how jarring it is sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully it'll be typically Honda and last years, got a 2nd kid due so it's Civic till it dies.

I wouldn't gamble on coil overs to improve ride quality no as it's a massive investment for something that might actually make it worse day to day...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Missed my window for installing my pre-built fuel filter...

Basically fuel light came on about 30 miles from home and I didn't want to chance running out so I filled up.

So I took the opportunity to buy a new fuel pump Fuel Pump In tank 0986580937 Bosch 17040SAA000 17045SMGE01 17708TFO003 Quality | eBay
As Honda don't actually specify an interval to change the pump, I know it's probably fairly reliable as I've never had one fail in any car I've had in 20 years and 200k+ miles of driving but there's a first for everything. The one I got off eBay is unknown, it could have been from a starship mileage car for all I know.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Just got stopped by the old bill they were following for a mile or two lol. Got breathalysed had I had a drink in last 20 mins, no mate I don't drink so 20months?
:ROFLMAO:

They were fine with my plates 4d but just black and spacing is legit. Checked licence etc etc was 0 obv.

He liked Betty :) then told me I clearly spurted over the limit in the corners as I left him standing in his 3 series touring beemer, I smirked n said it's an oil burner thou, don't feel bad :D n no I stayed under 60 tyvm!
It ain't a RWD German wallower ;) it can handle it inside the line.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just got stopped by the old bill they were following for a mile or two lol. Got breathalysed had I had a drink in last 20 mins, no mate I don't drink so 20months?
:ROFLMAO:

They were fine with my plates 4d but just black and spacing is legit. Checked licence etc etc was 0 obv.

He liked Betty :) then told me I clearly spurted over the limit in the corners as I left him standing in his 3 series touring beemer, I smirked n said it's an oil burner thou, don't feel bad :D n no I stayed under 60 tyvm!
It ain't a RWD German wallower ;) it can handle it inside the line.
I haven't had a drink since 2011, I was so drunk, I said I do! Haven't touched a drop since! 🤣 I'm forever getting stopped by the old bill when I head home after doing overtime on a late shift at 2 in the morning. I just tell them I'm an off duty traffic officer heading home after a late shift and show my traffic officer ID card. I just get waved off with a thumbs up. 😁

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My seemingly endless battle with ride comfort seems to have taken a turn for the better...

It's only taken about 1500 miles and messing around with tyre pressure but it seems like 28 psi all round is the optimal for a decent ride on the Tein springs and standard Sach shocks.

Either that or it's needed that time for everything to bed in properly!!!!

Valve clearances & clutch fluid change on the 1.8 Si yesterday
Engine sounds quieter and gave better MPG on a regular journey today.
clutch feels a bit lighter
What feeler gauges, seal and glue did you use for the valve adjustment?

Is it as easy as the guides make out?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm not entirely convinced my local dealer did mine properly last year. Engine sounded no less noisy, although it's just a subtle injector tick at low speed.

They only took about 6 hours in total to do it and they are a Mazda main.

I'll give it a go myself at some point, just seeing if others had experience. It doesn't seem that hard other than the daunting prospect of removing the head. But that'll give a nice opportunity to to look at the chain and other bits.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
yes and no, coil overs can make the ride really stiff, but think you need the correct spring rate for you car, think you can adjust to a softer ride, but I think it’s still stiff and uncomfortable. @JayR35 wil know more as he’s had them on his fn2 and said the ride is really harsh
The coils are adjustable yes their quite stiff well the yellow speeds anyway but I wouldn't class them as unbearable, surprisingly they feel better now than when fitted, the back end can be crashy occasionally, that being said I Heard replacing the rear beam bushes really improves matters given my milage il be doing these soon as I've had a set lying around

@Chris9 in my honest opinion it doesn't look new to me having changed numerous bekts shouldn't look like that , my advice buy your own parts then get them fitted or find a trusted independent

Here's my belt of NA and on my charger

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Is there any lettering on the Belt how does it look??

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
24 Posts
So today got in the car to drive it to the garage ready for its MOT tomorrow and I get a check engine light.... Knock sensor...

Cancelled MOT, looks like it will be off the road for a bit till I get it sorted!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So today got in the car to drive it to the garage ready for its MOT tomorrow and I get a check engine light.... Knock sensor...

Cancelled MOT, looks like it will be off the road for a bit till I get it sorted!

That's a bit **** that , I just replaced mine

Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to try and clear it in the hope it was intermittent, or try clear with obd2

·
Registered
24 Posts
First it has popped up, so guessing it's the sensor. How easy was it to change? Looking for tips on me other thread.

6261 - 6280 of 6287 Posts