2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6521 - 6540 of 8187 Posts

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Did front and rear disc (ferrodo) and pads (Ferrodo DS), looking a lot better now.
Old ones were not completely used, but they looked horrible.
View attachment 323134
Did you use shims?

My brakes currently have them but I think they are stupid....

I've got a full set of TRW discs and pads to fit. What DS did you use? Performance or DS2500?

· Registered
34 Posts
I got mine from AliExpress for £12, got a set for the jazz too, they are alright.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

· Registered
99 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
They seem pretty well sealed, they have been on both mine for about 3 months, I think it was about £23 for both sets for me civic and jazz from AliExpress

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

· Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,705 Posts
The cheap ones might let in water etc due to poorer design tolerances maybe?

As the mirrors are pretty exposed and basically take the brunt of everything the road throws at your car....
They should be a sponge type seal running around the indicators when you get them. When you remove the old ones you will see how that has deteriorated.

· Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,705 Posts
What tyres did you go for, I have Dunlop sport Max's on the rear, it came with those and I fitted Michelin ps4s to the front. Not sure when I replaced my rears to go with Michelin's to try something else.
Goodyear AS5 for fronts, don’t know what to put on rears, was going to put uniroyal rain sports for price, then when they worn move fronts to rear and more AS5 on front.

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
1,494 Posts
Goodyear AS5 for fronts, don’t know what to put on rears, was going to put uniroyal rain sports for price, then when they worn move fronts to rear and more AS5 on front.
see that would drive me insane to me only 1 choice 2 more As5s :p why i bought 2 more CS6 contis lol because yes i wanted michelin sport pros but that meant 4 of! lol

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
1,494 Posts
NO WAY!!!!!!!
My OCD has gone into melt down just thinking that your even contemplating that!!!! Another AS5's or you go on the naughty step!!!!
Lol my hero!

Haha

He needs to kiss our bunnets Das for even considering such an idea! I couldn't sleep after reading it!

But but they won't look the same!
%©®¢$¥™✓°$$√π××^$¥! Zzzzzt

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
1,494 Posts
Do they have to be AS5 or will supersports suffice or is that stand in the corner and face the wall😂
Ok I'll confess...mine are same model but old ones are z rated......that's enough for me to have the cash set aside for right after winter lol it's niggling me 🤔

The conti 6s are weird they look nothing in the arches but pop wheel 30 degrees n it looks wide as hell :) that's sidles motors fault flashing it's rims to Betty....fricking divas

6521 - 6540 of 8187 Posts