2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6541 - 6560 of 7979 Posts

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,532 Posts
how will you cope with the separation anxiety?
Might nip out later n just sit in it haha (making racey noises) 😅

I need to relocate the driver footwell LEDs deeper into driver side, it's brighter than passenger side due to location, but not till it's above 0 lol

Interior needs hoovered might nip to garage later n put in more grin juice too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you use shims?

My brakes currently have them but I think they are stupid....

I've got a full set of TRW discs and pads to fit. What DS did you use? Performance or DS2500?
Yeah I do use them, they come with the kit, they help get ride of most vibrations and noise when braking. In a normal pad I think they are almost useless, but when using ds2500/3000 they help reduce the squeeling. (Personal experience at least)

I went with DS performance all around, good price, and more than enough for my daily driving, This car isn't for track or road racing, even with the mods.

Next month, dyno time ^^

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yeah I do use them, they come with the kit, they help get ride of most vibrations and noise when braking. In a normal pad I think they are almost useless, but when using ds2500/3500 they help reduce the squeeling. (Personal experience at least)

I went with DS performance all around, good price, and more than enough for my daily driving, This car isn't for track or road racing, even with the mods.

Next month, dyno time ^^
Where did you get Ferodo DS Performance pads (some places call them R90) for the Civic? As they're the ones that are below the DS2500 but above OEM right? Didn't think they made them for the Civic, all I could find were either OEM grade, DS2500 or various EBC pads. Loads of choice for the FN2 but the regular Civics seem to get overlooked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you get Ferodo DS Performance pads (some places call them R90) for the Civic? As they're the ones that are below the DS2500 but above OEM right? Didn't think they made them for the Civic, all I could find were either OEM grade, DS2500 or various EBC pads. Loads of choice for the FN2 but the regular Civics seem to get overlooked.
I got them from akr-performance, part number:
FDS1862
FDS1444
They are close by and deliver withing a day when they have it in stock.

I know the formula is different, but normal driving, they brake as good as the ds2500, it's only when you start pushing it and get them hot you see the ds2500 doing a fair bit better job than the ds performance.
Ebc are nice too, but I personally dont use them on my road cars.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I should be fitting TRW pads and discs all round this week. Wednesday I hope...

Will see if they're sufficient, as I've got TRW pads on the other car and I don't rate them. They suck once you've done one good stop.

I don't like slotted discs and feel performance pads need too much messing around with glazing over.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What recommendations do people have for the 2.2 as ive put in oem pads but the discs are not filling me full of confidence and the brakes can feel choppy as if the discs are warped. So upgrade time me think

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Weird FDS1444 which are front Ferodo DS Performance say they fit the S2000 and FN2, some places say they fit other Civics.

I'm not inclined to believe they fit all Civics unless the FN2 had bigger callipers but no bigger pads?

All the searches I've done for upgraded regular Civic pads suggest it's only really DS2500 or track pads, or various EBC things which I'm not inclined to trust...

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
3,105 Posts
Weird FDS1444 which are front Ferodo DS Performance say they fit the S2000 and FN2, some places say they fit other Civics.

I'm not inclined to believe they fit all Civics unless the FN2 had bigger callipers but no bigger pads?

All the searches I've done for upgraded regular Civic pads suggest it's only really DS2500 or track pads, or various EBC things which I'm not inclined to trust...
I actually phoned cpl racing to make sure I got the right ones. Pretty helpfull, to be fair though they are o.k, I only think my brakes are good when I feel I’m trying to be thrown through the window. I find them intermittent, but once warm they pretty good.

·
Registered
32 Posts

EP3 / Fn2 / S2000 shares the same pad and front caliper type., as some other civics in USa, etc...\Just widen your search a bit more, you sure to find them, sadly not many places have them because people usually go with oem equivalent or ds2500, the middle child gets ignored or forgotten to a lot people X)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
EP3 / Fn2 / S2000 shares the same pad and front caliper type., as some other civics in USa, etc...\Just widen your search a bit more, you sure to find them, sadly not many places have them because people usually go with oem equivalent or ds2500, the middle child gets ignored or forgotten to a lot people X)
Yeah I don't think the Civic modding scene is that strong in the UK, the vast majority of them I see around are used as Honda intended. E.g by old people or as family cars...

Plenty of FN2 upgrades out there.

I'll see how the TRW pads do in my 1.8 anyway before deciding to throw more money around!

6541 - 6560 of 7979 Posts