2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6561 - 6580 of 7764 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I don't think the Civic modding scene is that strong in the UK, the vast majority of them I see around are used as Honda intended. E.g by old people or as family cars...

Plenty of FN2 upgrades out there.

I'll see how the TRW pads do in my 1.8 anyway before deciding to throw more money around!
We’re running the Mintex pads, all round, that came with the MTEC discs. No problems at all. Stops well even after repeated heavy braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
591 Posts
What a nightmare, hopefully the person sorted you out!
They refused to take responsibility on the day (as a car on the other side of the road flashed them out 🤔) strange how a dash cam changes minds. My insurance was informed but not used, as their insurance company took full responsibility and today I got a call from my bodyshop who supplied the quote to take the car in.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah, those dash cams can come in handy, I need to get myself one with the amount of idiots on the road.
I'm surprised it wasn't a write off. Good it's getting sorted!
New door, skirt, rear wheel arch and a lot of work on the rear quarter. I think the rise in secondhand car prices and a good bodyshop have saved the day, £3609 for the repair.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Got a few small bits today, so I ended up finishing the battery relocation and the air intake.
Need a Valve cover filter, or a plug to the silicone elbow.
Very similar to the first one I made
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

I used a Revotec fitting, an aluminium T connector, a silicone reducer and hose to connect both the engine breathers to the intake
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Be careful of the coolant hose rubbing on the intake as it gets very hot. I added a aluminium hose connector to the coolant hose to enable it to be turned away from the intake
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Don't use silicone coolant hoses, they shrink under the clips when hot and are forever leaking

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very similar to the first one I made
View attachment 323280
I used a Revotec fitting, an aluminium T connector, a silicone reducer and hose to connect both the engine breathers to the intake
View attachment 323281

View attachment 323282
Be careful of the coolant hose rubbing on the intake as it gets very hot. I added a aluminium hose connector to the coolant hose to enable it to be turned away from the intake
View attachment 323283
Don't use silicone coolant hoses, they shrink under the clips when hot and are forever leaking
Yours looks great! Thanks for the tips, I had to use a slightly different setup, because of the rrc+tb, the coolant hose is bothering me a bit, I'm going to wrap some termal wrap around it for now, it will creat about 1cm layer between the two for now.
Or maybe I can find a different coolant hose?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yours looks great! Thanks for the tips, I had to use a slightly different setup, because of the rrc+tb, the coolant hose is bothering me a bit, I'm going to wrap some termal wrap around it for now, it will creat about 1cm layer between the two for now.
Or maybe I can find a different coolant hose?
The air intakes to replace the foglights help a lot when the intake is in that position
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

The halo was something I fitted, but it's easy to get the air straight up to the filter from there
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exhaust

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Red

I used a BMC filter and an Injen Hydroshield to keep the filter clean.
I'm working on a different set up at the moment using an aluminium connector (makes more noise)
Automotive lighting Razor Office supplies Tool Wind instrument

Musical instrument Automotive lighting Bullet Jewellery Nickel

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Vehicle Auto part

Not finished yet, as I keep getting distracted by other things

6561 - 6580 of 7764 Posts