2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6641 - 6660 of 7066 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Indeed, clears everything except the center section, but reaches all they way from the other side of the car, lowered by 15mm and 3" exhaust ofc, your will be the same.
Adaptor was off Amazon for under a tenner

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,560 Posts
I’m still looking for a second hand rear beam, everybody want around £150, I can shot blast it at work my self and get a lad to powder coat it at work, so free. Just getting one at right price. Got to check my sills this year, arches are pristine but know theirs a little rusting on the sills. What was the paint you recommended @Diddles1987, think you said it was marine grade and silver?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I’m still looking for a second hand rear beam, everybody want around £150, I can shot blast it at work my self and get a lad to powder coat it at work, so free. Just getting one at right price. Got to check my sills this year, arches are pristine but know theirs a little rusting on the sills. What was the paint you recommended @Diddles1987, think you said it was marine grade and silver?
I don't think I recommended any paint. I'm just going to clean mine and and apply UB, I don't think I have any rust on my sills but not had a very close look, only what I can see under the car.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Damn brakes giving me $hit...

Thought rears were binding slightly so I removed the shims so they slide better. As before the inner pad would stick to the shim.

There is still the sound of discs brushing against something slightly so I'll have to check the fronts now too... Also developed a slight rattle, maybe the inside pad fell out the bracket so will need to check that too :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Damn brakes giving me $hit...

Thought rears were binding slightly so I removed the shims so they slide better. As before the inner pad would stick to the shim.

There is still the sound of discs brushing against something slightly so I'll have to check the fronts now too... Also developed a slight rattle, maybe the inside pad fell out the bracket so will need to check that too :confused:
I had the edge of the disc slightly catching the dust shield when I changed them in this area
Vehicle brake Automotive tire Rim Gas Bicycle part

The gap to the disc was very close and I used a big flat bladed screwdriver to move the dust shield away from the disc.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Civic 1.8 SE manual FWD
13 Posts
Took off the steering wheel to check the number pins on the clock spring for cruise control install. It needs a wash but other half who does professional valets is refusing to touch it until I get the wheels refurbed as it's not good in photos for the business :cautious:

·
Registered
CW GT
1,987 Posts
View attachment 323561
View attachment 323562
Not terrible, will get that done when i get the sill done this year, was easy using wd40 as a lube, went in really easy then. The black stuff is tape the previous owner put on to slow the wear down ! why he did not just buy a seal ??? not going to try get it off, they can do that when they paint it.
Surgical spirit or tri-cloroethelene would lift it without damaging laquer (if you can find it ;) it's carcinogenic but best degreaser and water displacer on the planet), solvents vapourise with it., just go easy if you use tric.

If your super stuck I have a couple of compressed air cans of tric at parents.

Drove Betty to Tesco for 30gram of malboro baccy n filters lol rock n roll! First she's moved since sunday

Reactions: Xev

·
Registered
CW GT
1,987 Posts
i um.......drove to tesco for cat food and some ibruprufen gel and tablets and thought man shes so shiny n clean still! then went home. (yes i forgot it last night)
OH and almost kerbed passenger side thanks to a frigging Mitsubishi warrior fudd at lights, was close enough i felt the dreaded wee slight squirm off the half kerb at about 1mph.... the tyres just caught the slightest contact....longest 500m drive to a junction to check ever! (n) all good though not a rim mark in sight! phew.

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,560 Posts
i um.......drove to tesco for cat food and some ibruprufen gel and tablets and thought man shes so shiny n clean still! then went home. (yes i forgot it last night)
OH and almost kerbed passenger side thanks to a frigging Mitsubishi warrior fudd at lights, was close enough i felt the dreaded wee slight squirm off the half kerb at about 1mph.... the tyres just caught the slightest contact....longest 500m drive to a junction to check ever! (n) all good though not a rim mark in sight! phew.
Know the sicking feeling of that, agonising feeling of needing to stop and check, then the pure elation of discovering everything is A.O.K

·
Registered
CW GT
1,987 Posts
Know the sicking feeling of that, agonising feeling of needing to stop and check, then the pure elation of discovering everything is A.O.K
YUP! after the week ive had i expected a total silver ring on both.....(nearly said silver ring job but just didnt look right for a thursday, im still cranky n sore lol)

i spent 7 hours today sorting 220,000 files access security permissions manually when i did not have access to a pile to start with. once id got that sorted i coudl then mirror the files and fix the permissions as they moved, but feck me! all day 1 folder. lucky i was still wfh as the air was blue, more of the same tomorrow and saturday....great :p

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
stop it stop it stop it! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

cmon then where did you get it? dam you 2! :D
🤣 They are on Amazon, I don't have one though, need one though. Looks like you need a karcher adaptor with it too.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I had the edge of the disc slightly catching the dust shield when I changed them in this area
View attachment 323572
The gap to the disc was very close and I used a big flat bladed screwdriver to move the dust shield away from the disc.
Thanks, that worked, although I didn't remove the disc again. I did it the lazy way with a screw driver to pry the dust shield then spinning the disc until it stopped catching...

Also discovered that the rear brakes really need the shims otherwise the pads rattle inside the callipers...

Brakes finally work silently now :rolleyes:

6641 - 6660 of 7066 Posts