2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7161 - 7180 of 7224 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Finally got the spoiler fitted in the end I decided to paint it myself and I'm pleased with the colour match and it's mopped out really well. You can't tell in the pics but it's deep bronze so the colour match was important. Next project wheel refurb.
That looks ace. My spoiler looks a slightly different colour to the rest of the car at the moment. But I think that’s because the rest of the car needs a wash.

·
Premium Member
2008 Type S 2.2
684 Posts
Has anyone ever stripped a Type S boot? Looking at it today, it looks like the side boot panels that go over the wheel arches look as if they are part of the rear mouldings in the rear back seat compartment. It doesn’t look like they come apart separately like I’ve read on here and seen on a few videos.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That looks ace. My spoiler looks a slightly different colour to the rest of the car at the moment. But I think that’s because the rest of the car needs a wash.
Thanks although I think eventually I will live to regret doing it myself I just hope the clear lacquer is up to the job and my spoiler is making the rest of my paint look dodgy so I think a clay bar and ceramic coat after some touching up but I'm not in the mood for how much work there will be and my house faces the sun so I need a cloudy few days with no rain. Yours looks amazing all the car's I've seen repaired and painted silver is always a shade different

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Has anyone ever stripped a Type S boot? Looking at it today, it looks like the side boot panels that go over the wheel arches look as if they are part of the rear mouldings in the rear back seat compartment. It doesn’t look like they come apart separately like I’ve read on here and seen on a few videos.
Yes the sides are one unit be careful many have snapped them just take your time and save breaking clips

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes. The 3 door - the panels go all the way to the driver/passenger door, and come out as one piece.

They need some good tugs to free them. Can be quite unnerving. You need to strip the boot first. Remove the false floor and boot tray. Then remove the side trims. The driver side has a cubby that folds into the body (where the tyre puncture kit goes.) I was yanking on it not realising this, and cracked the trim a little. It needs folding outwards before you pull the trim out.

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,600 Posts
Yes be careful. I snapped mine with ease and some of the component clips are plastic moulded together on the plastic/felt lined cards and theirs no replacing them

·
Premium Member
2008 Type S 2.2
684 Posts
Cheers for the replies guys, much appreciated. Hopefully I won’t end up having to do that, and sealing up the roof gutter seams has sorted the problem. I took out both rear indicators to have a look as well, and there was no obvious signs of water getting in, so with any luck it is indeed the roof seams.

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
Beep beep mother forkers Betty is home and looking saweeeeet! 👍

@hemmingway, just slight tingles driving same as the Kia :)

Couple of things I forgot about...

1 Betty's clutch so heavy 👍
2 wheel spin in 3 gears in the wet.....oh yep!

👍😁 Man I've missed her! She's going nowhere I think

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
Get ready for some silly waving Parman 👍🤣 I expect the same in return lol nipping out seeing as rains stopped :p

Only thing I'm pissed at they've stack a non 4d play in the mount with white bolts near top edges like ffs guys!

Need to pop over n see Tanya for a new set so they match now! Agh at least it ain't a honda paddle plate!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Some may disagree but I've used AC leak stopper and a top up gas bottle...

Don't have a thermometer but the quick and dirty refill gauge said the system needed gas so some got pumped in.

The leak I had was slow as anything. Didn't even empty out after over a year of use so I feel it was worth risking a can on.

Either way it coped with the 30c outside so it seems like job done for now...

Cheaper than getting a garage to fit a new condenser as apparently it's worn. They wanted £400 and I've got quite a bit of left over gas for another few top ups if needs be.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Some may disagree but I've used AC leak stopper and a top up gas bottle...

Don't have a thermometer but the quick and dirty refill gauge said the system needed gas so some got pumped in.

The leak I had was slow as anything. Didn't even empty out after over a year of use so I feel it was worth risking a can on.

Either way it coped with the 30c outside so it seems like job done for now...

Cheaper than getting a garage to fit a new condenser as apparently it's worn. They wanted £400 and I've got quite a bit of left over gas for another few top ups if needs be.
If it works it works pal.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yeah I'm not too put off by talk the stop leak gums up the AC and the re gas machines. AC works on fairly big pipping and it's only a 40ml can. Plus it tells you to flush with more AC gas then run for atleast 15 mins so it's all circulated. I ran it for about 40 mins.

Blowing so cold that I need to tone it down from the LO setting so it must have worked :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah I'm not too put off by talk the stop leak gums up the AC and the re gas machines. AC works on fairly big pipping and it's only a 40ml can. Plus it tells you to flush with more AC gas then run for atleast 15 mins so it's all circulated. I ran it for about 40 mins.

Blowing so cold that I need to tone it down from the LO setting so it must have worked :D
Yeah. You forget just how cold the lowest setting is until it works again. 🥶

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I'm a bit concerned at the fill gauge as it is Red for empty, White for needs filling, Green for ok, Orange for stop and Red for Danger. Rather than any actual amount of gas in the system.

Altho maybe something in the Green adds up to the correct ish amount.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm a bit concerned at the fill gauge as it is Red for empty, White for needs filling, Green for ok, Orange for stop and Red for Danger. Rather than any actual amount of gas in the system.

Altho maybe something in the Green adds up to the correct ish amount.
One can of that airconrecharge gas in the blue/white bottle is exactly the right amount.

7161 - 7180 of 7224 Posts