2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7181 - 7200 of 7224 Posts

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
Hoped to get Betty washed n polished today but had to get emergency surgery so in hossie till tonite waaah. :( had to have an abscess cleaned n cut out......n you dont wanna know where! Donut cushion inbound! A perennial abscess has to be the most pain I have ever endured, been sore for days last night it was way too painful and I had to pop it. Thank f my cushion is red matches the typer seat lol so much better even stitched up tbh pain is gone :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get ready for some silly waving Parman I expect the same in return lol nipping out seeing as rains stopped

Only thing I'm pissed at they've stack a non 4d play in the mount with white bolts near top edges like ffs guys!

Need to pop over n see Tanya for a new set so they match now! Agh at least it ain't a honda paddle plate!
Will deffo get a wave if I see you on the road... always good seeing another minted FK2 on the road.. I've stacked up a few thousand miles in the last few months traveling back n forth to England (company car) and always look out for one ... they are out there but the only one I've seen lately was a white one in Birmingham.... couldn't believe the state it was in.... absolute horror show. Was in dire need of a full paint job and wheel refurb.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
Will deffo get a wave if I see you on the road... always good seeing another minted FK2 on the road.. I've stacked up a few thousand miles in the last few months traveling back n forth to England (company car) and always look out for one ... they are out there but the only one I've seen lately was a white one in Birmingham.... couldn't believe the state it was in.... absolute horror show. Was in dire need of a full paint job and wheel refurb.

👍.

There's another white GT in forfar or was, guy had most of the panels done in white, I also see 2 white gts like ours commuting to work in dundee, west end punted a fair few CW gts in mk9 I suspect.
Too easy to rack the miles Ive done 19k in 18month nipping to derby every 2nd weekend, ex has moved to Bedford now so not travelling anymore lol it's a lovely motorway cruiser tbh.

Gimme a shout if you need an air panel I bought the pipercoss panel and when fitting realised previous owner did it all ready so have one spare, if you want it have it mate, it was pennies anyways.

Rather another fk2 sounded a bit more throaty. 👍🤣

The black fk8r in forfar is my workbuddy, a 20plate but Priv reg on it. She refuses to press r button...or let me update her satnav for her.....<sigh> oh and it's always filthy!

Lol I'm so sad, all my TVs n Google devices show my typer gallery lol

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: Parman192

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
Seen a couple of FK8s kicking about this area but not a 2 for a long time

I accidentally tried to enter a CW typer at mid craigie Asda, till I spotted wait a mo no 4d plates!! Oops mine was 2 rows in front! Lol

Nobody saw me....I hope lol 🤣 mine was cleaner

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
@Parman192 I believe the guys down in orchard bank do machine polishing, always fancied getting Betty done althou withy arm these days very tempted to bag the Poorboy's DA polisher but don't have the kahoonas to let myself loose lolbettys needing her Poorboy's reapplied n caranubs.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
The dust rain came back so I'll be forced to wash again at some point...

I'm likely not going to be using my car as much as I thought as my work situation will lean to more train committing. Will probably not bother with s stereo upgrade as a result 😬

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Building Automotive exterior Auto part

Whiteline ARB on, AC condenser fitted, just got to get it gassed then hopefully that works 🤞 , Blue Tegiwa Radiator hoses and Honda coolant fitted. The rubber bump finder on the front splitter and mudflapz taken off, so no rubbing over speed bumps, that was really starting to pee me off 😆. Still a list of stuff to do >< rust and brakes next, oh and get the rear GP splitter on..........never ending

·
Registered
38 Posts
@Parman192 I believe the guys down in orchard bank do machine polishing, always fancied getting Betty done althou withy arm these days very tempted to bag the Poorboy's DA polisher but don't have the kahoonas to let myself loose lolbettys needing her Poorboy's reapplied n caranubs.
I do fancy a full paint correction but not until the wheels are refurbed... full wash.. today tho ... followed by a polish and wax... all products supplied by AMDetails in Elgin ... Good stuff.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Topped up the oil after the yellow oil light popped up on the dash. It always seems to need a top up a couple of months before it’s service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
I do fancy a full paint correction but not until the wheels are refurbed... full wash.. today tho ... followed by a polish and wax... all products supplied by AMDetails in Elgin ... Good stuff.

Looking good buddy. I need my wheels done too tbh. My mate reccomends the guys in kilspindie road alongside Kingsway past Tesco etc.

Doubt it'll be cheap for a full baremetal refurb.

I'm Poorboy's shizzle all the way black hole for the bodykit and diamond White for the CW paint as base glaze then pb-x sealant n Natty's caranub on top, hasn't had any polish since October.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hoped to get Betty washed n polished today but had to get emergency surgery so in hossie till tonite waaah. :( had to have an abscess cleaned n cut out......n you dont wanna know where! Donut cushion inbound! A perennial abscess has to be the most pain I have ever endured, been sore for days last night it was way too painful and I had to pop it. Thank f my cushion is red matches the typer seat lol so much better even stitched up tbh pain is gone :)
Make sure that cushion is well padded, I'd rather have burst piles! 😱

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spent the day respraying my wheels. From
Silver…
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

To Anthracite…
Wheel Tire Sky Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Far from a professional job but I’m happy with them. Went for the colour to match the trim ( sort of ), further on down the line I would like to change them to the Type R trim so I don’t really want to get them colour coded as that seems a bit of wasted money. I also put on some blue nuts I had from my old civic.

Also while the wheels were off I managed to sort the front bumper lower trims on both sides , a before and after…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

My 5 years of fitting these at Honda is finally paying off!
I hope it doesn’t look too bad and actually suits the car, I was tempted with gloss black but feel the wheels would look lost as the car is also quite dark. At some point I would love to lower her but going to wait till I have to replace the shocks and get it all done then.
cheers all, take it easy Oli

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I spent the day respraying my wheels. From
Silver…
View attachment 325396
To Anthracite…
View attachment 325397
View attachment 325398
Far from a professional job but I’m happy with them. Went for the colour to match the trim ( sort of ), further on down the line I would like to change them to the Type R trim so I don’t really want to get them colour coded as that seems a bit of wasted money. I also put on some blue nuts I had from my old civic.

Also while the wheels were off I managed to sort the front bumper lower trims on both sides , a before and after…
View attachment 325399
View attachment 325400
My 5 years of fitting these at Honda is finally paying off!
I hope it doesn’t look too bad and actually suits the car, I was tempted with gloss black but feel the wheels would look lost as the car is also quite dark. At some point I would love to lower her but going to wait till I have to replace the shocks and get it all done then.
cheers all, take it easy Oli
I tried a home spray on my other car and failed hard... Those look good from a distance and likely fine closer judging by your pics. Did you do a lot of prep work with sanding?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
7181 - 7200 of 7224 Posts