2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7281 - 7300 of 7697 Posts

·
i-Vtec
5,644 Posts
i drove betty home from bodyshop again...after screaming at them for missing the paint they were meant to fix, twats repaired bonnet edge with polar white, i asked paint shop manager when Stevie Wonder started with them and wtaf if they approved Honda repairers why the feck didnt they use honda paint!
Their paperwork even states colour as Honda Champ white with them so wtaf guys?????

i said if you couldnt blend it in you should have resprayed the bonnet, i said its not even 6yr old and a £24k car, not a kia bucket of shite that doesnt matter.

Also going to speak to insurance obundsman. They will have to foot the repair work themselves as they have already billed my insurer ;)
i said to guy i was about to ask for a quote for you to refurb my wheels, but after missing the difference in polar white and championship white, id rather spray them with hammerite and get a better match than they are capable of and keep the £300 fee, guy said feck all and apologised profusely, said all nice and well but now its to come in a 3rd time?

I asked how many Ls are there in incompetence? :p i was raging.

they will regret pissing me off by time ive finished with them.

im off to speak to Honda uk in morning via local dealer as it is still under Honda warranty.
Years ago my Cavalier was reversed into, needed a new boot lid and bumper. As I had to drive the hire car back to the hire company the wife drove mine. She said she couldn't see out the door mirrors. On closer inspection they were covered in overspray, the whole car was covered in over spray!!!! The next day I went over the whole car, I had a list of 9 or 10 faults with the workmanship. Paint was missing from the edge of the boot spoiler, badges were missing to name but two faults. I immediately contacted the insurance company and told them to stop payment to the body shop. On the Monday I returned and spoke to the workshop manager, who was not happy I had called the insurance company btw, and left the car. I got a phone call the following Friday that my car was ready so went to pick it up. it was still covered, top to toe in overspray. I blew my f'ing top and walked out taking their courtesy car with me. When I went back they had everyone, including people out of the office, polishing off the overspray. These large bodyshops dont give two hoots about your car, they just dont, patch them up quick, punt them out the door. There is no quality control.
If you need to use a bodyshop again look up Phil Christie at AutoTech in Angle Road Kirrie, hes the best in your area that I know of.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,749 Posts
I would never use an insurance company recommended bodyshop. They are widely known to produce the cheapest work and there are financial kickbacks.

Honda bodyshop for me.

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,277 Posts
I would never use an insurance company recommended bodyshop. They are widely known to produce the cheapest work and there are financial kickbacks.

Honda bodyshop for me.
sadly when its a 6yr old car still under warranty you have no choice, E&P hold all insurance work on all models from Aberdeenshire to lower bowels of fife, it all goes to them, and they are the registered Honda bodyshop for Scotland mate ;)

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
409 Posts
Eibach 25mm pro kit lowering springs fitted.
Need to know who can do the wheel alignment properly for fast road.

View attachment 325804

View attachment 325805
If you have the front camber bolts and camber shims for the rear fast road setup is pretty good.
you’ve got Norton tuning in Sheffeild
APB motorsports near Lichfield
TDI north Mancs way. All charge around £200

if you haven’t got camber adjustment I don’t think you’ll get too much out of it vs a standard alignment 4 wheel alignment, bar it costing 3-4x more

·
Registered
Honda Civic Type S GT 2.2cdti
75 Posts
If you have the front camber bolts and camber shims for the rear fast road setup is pretty good.
you’ve got Norton tuning in Sheffeild
APB motorsports near Lichfield
TDI north Mancs way. All charge around £200

if you haven’t got camber adjustment I don’t think you’ll get too much out of it vs a standard alignment 4 wheel alignment, bar it costing 3-4x more

Thanks for the recommendations mate I've fitted one shim to the passanger side rear to bring the tow in slightly as it was too far out originality. If it costs 3-4x more than a normal wheel alignment then I'll probable just go for the normal alright and see how i get along with that.
As for the camber bolts, I'm sure it's the 16mm bolts that were listed on powerflex but didn't fit when coming to install so I've returned them. There's another option for 14mm bolts which I'm guessing are the correct ones.

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
409 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations mate I've fitted one shim to the passanger side rear to bring the tow in slightly as it was too far out originality. If it costs 3-4x more than a normal wheel alignment then I'll probable just go for the normal alright and see how i get along with that.
As for the camber bolts, I'm sure it's the 16mm bolts that were listed on powerflex but didn't fit when coming to install so I've returned them. There's another option for 14mm bolts which I'm guessing are the correct ones.
yeah you’ll deffo want them camberbolts to get the most out of an expensive fast road alignment setup.
This is entirely my opinion of course, but there isn’t much else that can be manually adjusted on an FN without other aftermarket parts (fully adjustable strut tower tops or camber bolts etc)

·
Registered
Honda Civic Type S GT 2.2cdti
75 Posts
yeah you’ll deffo want them camberbolts to get the most out of an expensive fast road alignment setup.
This is entirely my opinion of course, but there isn’t much else that can be manually adjusted on an FN without other aftermarket parts (fully adjustable strut tower tops or camber bolts etc)
I've tried looking for adjustable top mounts for the 2.2tdci but can't seem to find any. I'll definitely have to purchase camber bolts

7281 - 7300 of 7697 Posts