2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7321 - 7340 of 7697 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
375 Posts
Been a while. Not something ive done recently, But i picked this up in june...
View attachment 325968

View attachment 325969

Hope you're all well.

Regards, Olly
That looks like a whole load of fun! I'd be interested in a longer post or even it's own thread about it. Looks like it's got a lot of less common mods on it (the roof fins and extended arches for a start!).

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,777 Posts
Yep, somebody’s had a good go at it. From the front looks a monster. Looks like rear splitter is a little off, gap off the join could fit your foot through.
What’s your plans for it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
That looks like a whole load of fun! I'd be interested in a longer post or even it's own thread about it. Looks like it's got a lot of less common mods on it (the roof fins and extended arches for a start!).
The fins and the Canards will be coming off they're abit too much for me :(. But yea i'll start a thread on it soon squibble. Yea the lad did a good job with it. Its very rough in places and the bumpers and spoiler have only had a poor paint job you cant really tell in the photos but i kinda like the ratty look....matty

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yep, somebody’s had a good go at it. From the front looks a monster. Looks like rear splitter is a little off, gap off the join could fit your foot through.
What’s your plans for it?
Yes Heming way ill redo those when i have the bumpers repainted and get abit Akira Nakai on it lol. Well it's already pretty sorted. It's got yellowspeed coilovers on it. A HKS filter. Tegiwa manifold and a Marlin Ekutek swap .....So Adjustable launch control:devilish:. Not sure on the Backbox but its abit too loud on the 4th map

·
Registered
910 Posts
Need some advice guys, a few local fn2 owners have reported their cat converters being stolen from fn2 type r's, as my car is parked on my drive during the day in a very quiet area and I drive another car for work, I can't risk my cat being stolen, anybody fitted a aftermarket non sports cat to a fn2? Any problems as I know they are made using cheap parts, thanks.

·
2,777 Posts
I think 200-400 cell sports cat do you well. You will need little pipe modification for the cat. Give longlife(tonybanks) in Leeds, bell or email them and they will quote you. It’s just off white rose and you can drop it off do a bit off shopping, eat drink and then pick it up.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think 200-400 cell sports cat do you well. You will need little pipe modification for the cat. Give longlife(tonybanks) in Leeds, bell or email them and they will quote you. It’s just off white rose and you can drop it off do a bit off shopping, eat drink and then pick it up.
Nice one mate, will look into it, found another with a 2yr/ 24000 miles warranty and direct bolt on to the oem exhaust.

·
2,777 Posts
I got a quote for cat back, was around £450. But if you can get one that just slips in then that’s perfect. If you seeing issues it won’t be long before it spreads over here then.

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
407 Posts
Need some advice guys, a few local fn2 owners have reported their cat converters being stolen from fn2 type r's, as my car is parked on my drive during the day in a very quiet area and I drive another car for work, I can't risk my cat being stolen, anybody fitted a aftermarket non sports cat to a fn2? Any problems as I know they are made using cheap parts, thanks.
The Fn2 cat scrap is worth about £700.
That would pay for an on the shelf piper manifold and 200cell sports cat if you’re ok with a 220-230bhp approx roof on your goals.
It flows a little less peak power apparently as it has shorter secondaries than a TODA style manifold.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Far too many idiots about mate.
Price of oem cats are going up,want to put mine away until I sell the car.
The Fn2 cat scrap is worth about £700.
That would pay for an on the shelf piper manifold and 200cell sports cat if you’re ok with a 220-230bhp approx roof on your goals.
It flows a little less peak power apparently as it has shorter secondaries than a TODA style manifold.
That's not bad but the plan is to keep the fn2 as stock as possible.

7321 - 7340 of 7697 Posts