2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7621 - 7640 of 7687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Got a series of dents over the driver's door removed by Dent Devils Eastbourne.
Did a fantastic job with cold glue tabs and his hammers, can't see any of them now.

Warning - managed to do this leaning over the bodywork to put new screen top seal in. Shell is made of tin foil and my body/clothing pushed in a series of vertical dents.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine is booked in for emergency repairs tomorrow, looks like both rear calipers are seized for some reason. So new calipers and brake pads, hopefully the discs have survived as they are less than a year old! So more open wallet surgery!
This happened to me two days ago, on my other car (BMW E90). Only the one seized caliper but new discs, pads and brake fluid. An expensive day at £520!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Just back from the garage, thankfully only one caliper knackered and a set of pads. The nearside was only replaced 6 months ago. Discs have survived, still. £195 bill! Beans on toast for the next month! 😱
You need to ensure that the slider pins on rear are generously coated in red rubber grease, I get brakes taken apart every service stripped and cleaned think it's gotta be as vital as oil changes

Or was it the piston that seized?

·
Registered
820 Posts
You need to ensure that the slider pins on rear are generously coated in red rubber grease, I get brakes taken apart every service stripped and cleaned think it's gotta be as vital as oil changes

Or was it the piston that seized?
I'm assuming it was the caliper, it's got a brand new one on, the mechanic said the pads were pushed against the disc and seized in position. The pins are smothered in red grease. I can see copper paste has also been used.

7621 - 7640 of 7687 Posts