2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7641 - 7660 of 7687 Posts

·
i-Vtec
5,638 Posts
I've been tempted to try out their cleanser polish on mine, what I've seen online looks like it does a great job.
Yea easy to work, no residue.
I Heard that bilt hamber double speed wax is some serious stuff
For the money you cant go wrong.
It is, if you leave it on too long it’s hard to buff off. It’s like a mini work using that stuff.
I do it by applying to two panels first, then go back and buff the first panel, apply to panel 3, go back buff panel 2 etc. Works fine this way for me.
Also do not use it when the panels are hot, otherwise it is a hell of a workout to get it off, great stuff though, not used a Bilt Hamber product that has not been really good so far.
I had little choice yesterday, even though it was only about 19c the sun was shining, still didn't have any issues. And as you say all BH products are great.

·
Premium Member
Honda Civic Type S GT
433 Posts
Yea easy to work, no residue.

For the money you cant go wrong.

I do it by applying to two panels first, then go back and buff the first panel, apply to panel 3, go back buff panel 2 etc. Works fine this way for me.

I had little choice yesterday, even though it was only about 19c the sun was shining, still didn't have any issues. And as you say all BH products are great.
Love their wheel cleaner and snow foam.

Going to try some more of their products at some point.

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,777 Posts
Checked my sills this morning. Sills are solid, little spot rusting on the sleeve that holds the clips for the trim to pull up, overhaul happy with their condition. Rub a little area up and treated with hydrate 80. Plenty of de-tarring, was full off it tar. Think next year I will treat the spots, rub up and paint again or professionally done. Just don’t have the time this year.
What I’m not happy with is breaking the bracket that holds the clip 🤬🤬🤬.
Why does this happen on such a easy job. Bloody trim would just not give with a tug towards the back of the car. Can just tell where it’s not pulling up to the body and more off a gap than they should be, looks like new trim in the future.
Clips breaking and different style clips either side.
Any how here’s a few pics

Table Wood Rectangle Bumper Floor

Tire Hood Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Auto part

Window Wood Bumper Rectangle Grey

Wood Gas Metal Concrete Auto part

After de-tarring and clean
Hood Grille Automotive tire Rectangle Automotive lighting

Tire Window Automotive tire Wood Building

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Window

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

As you can see they is a few spots appearing, so look at treating next year. All in all good result bar the broken bracket.

Attachments

·
2,777 Posts
few more pics of the sills cleaned up
Automotive tire Road surface Bumper Asphalt Flooring

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Hood Automotive tire

found this sucker in my tyre🤬
Hood Automotive tire Wood Steering wheel Gas

Found this style clip on passenger side trim. Nightmare to get out. 1 snapped and had to dig out. But drivers side was just a standard push clip without the metal clips

Attachments

·
2,777 Posts
Just had a thought, should I have run a bit off tape to cover the clip hole location as this will be open now to collect water if it rains. I’m guessing their is no drain behind, Bloody hell.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
@Hemingway1975 great job bro that's patience right there :)

I managed to get the wheels on today
Put em on with 6mm spacers initially so there's no chance of arch rub and the nuts were tightened in 3 turns !!
Some say this ok but doesn't sit right with me

I've risked it and went with my original hubcentric 15mm spacers and they just about go under the arch although getting at least 12 turns which is reassuring

Time will tell if it rubs !!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
2,777 Posts
@Hemingway1975 great job bro that's patience right there :)

I managed to get the wheels on today
Put em on with 6mm spacers initially so there's no chance of arch rub and the nuts were tightened in 3 turns !!
Some say this ok but doesn't sit right with me

I've risked it and went with my original hubcentric 15mm spacers and they just about go under the arch although getting at least 12 turns which is reassuring

Time will tell if it rubs !!

View attachment 326734

View attachment 326735
That patience has cost me a new trim lol. I just have peace of mind now that if I keep the car and throw money at it with mods it’s going to be worth it in the coming years. Only issue I’m prob going to have will be the rear beam in the coming years.
3 turns is small on a 12mm metric thread or any thread. It wouldn’t sit right with me either. Especially with the power produced through the front wheels.
I haven’t looked into my unevenness yet on the car. I might be fitting coil overs or some bilstein shocks so just going to wait. How come all off a sudden its change. You change any of the suspension set up lately.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That patience has cost me a new trim lol. I just have peace of mind now that if I keep the car and throw money at it with mods it’s going to be worth it in the coming years. Only issue I’m prob going to have will be the rear beam in the coming years.
3 turns is small on a 12mm metric thread or any thread. It wouldn’t sit right with me either. Especially with the power produced through the front wheels.
I haven’t looked into my unevenness yet on the car. I might be fitting coil overs or some bilstein shocks so just going to wait. How come all off a sudden its change. You change any of the suspension set up lately.
I don't think it's changed I think I've just noticed it now with the new setup of wheels

Il be fitting the rear anti roll bar soon that's been sitting around for months will likely do the rear beam bushes and another alignment il get it checked properly maybe it's just one of those things but the coilovers are fully adjustable need to find out

Type S beam is only 200 or so with only a slightly thinner inner bar
Now with adding rear powerflex bushes and a white line ARB I think it would be better than a crumbling rotten mess which I'm not far off 😆

·
2,777 Posts
I don't think it's changed I think I've just noticed it now with the new setup of wheels

Il be fitting the rear anti roll bar soon that's been sitting around for months will likely do the rear beam bushes and another alignment il get it checked properly maybe it's just one of those things but the coilovers are fully adjustable need to find out

Now with adding rear powerflex bushes and a white line ARB I think it would be better than a crumbling rotten mess which I'm not far off 😆
I was looking at mine today, big job though. Can’t remember who has carried that out with type s rear beam and anti-roll bar on hear. But sounds good to me mate👍👍

·
2,777 Posts

This is the post where they have fitted standard rear beam to type r.

7641 - 7660 of 7687 Posts