2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7921 - 7940 of 7979 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ta mate ordered them. With my mugan spoiler and sound deadening stock units are stopping halfway
Haha yeah I've seen lots of blokes with the Mugen wing complaining about them, that's why the Merc struts are popular. Search for YouTube videos on how to replace them, genuinely takes 5 mins, a flathead screwdriver and a bit of wood to hold the boot open👍

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
555 Posts
J
Haha yeah I've seen lots of blokes with the Mugen wing complaining about them, that's why the Merc struts are popular. Search for YouTube videos on how to replace them, genuinely takes 5 mins, a flathead screwdriver and a bit of wood to hold the boot open👍
Them struts are perfect! this is my third set trying to get it right. spot on mate thank you
Hand Table Wood Finger Shorts

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Car gave the dreaded engine warning light on the drive home from work last night.

The iCarsoft OBD reader gave a number of faults including low battery. It reads at 11.7v which I assume is slightly low. Ordered a new battery to see if that fixes them all. Just need for it to crank a few more times before it's delivered!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I got one recently for the Freelander 2 from Tanya online - good prices and choice (Yuasa for me) but better than that they did send the right one first time! (y)
Tanya and batterymegastore are a cartel, the Yuasa battery was exactly the same price from both...

I decided to trust the battery store who are based in Gloucs instead of Tanya who are in Wales :censored:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Annoyingly the EML went away but the correct new battery arrived so I installed it anyway.

The old battery doesn't actually have low voltage but it has voltage fluctuations whereas the new one gave a solid out put so was likely worth changing.

Packaging is massively different so the older battery could be ancient. It's been in the car since I got it and who knows for how long before that.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,532 Posts
7921 - 7940 of 7979 Posts