2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
7941 - 7960 of 7979 Posts

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
555 Posts
I'm going to have to do my prep early in the morning. Stuck at work until probably 18:00

Nevermind, SEE YOU THERE BIG FELLA!
Nice to see you mate! I was very overwhelmed by the amount of nice people at the meet. And putting faces to names and cars was a total mind F haha 😆

It was a fantastic day to end the year on too

·
Registered
555 Posts
Slope Line Font Parallel Rectangle

Ran a 292bhp at the weekend, not had the map redone yet but it’s pretty down on where it should be!
job for early next year I think so it’s ready for spring meets!
Couple more mods planned which will be a Vibrant 3” resonator in the TDI exhaust as advised in above. And to remove the 25mm TTS dump valve and replace with a weld in 40mm Turbosmart unit.
That was under advisement from two other Rotrex track car owners one being a tuner at the weekend, to swerve more headaches down the road!

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
423 Posts
Nice to see you mate! I was very overwhelmed by the amount of nice people at the meet. And putting faces to names and cars was a total mind F haha 😆

It was a fantastic day to end the year on too
I did get the feeling having every second person want to come up and talk to you, whilst not knowing who they were was a little overbearing. I think quite a few people had been awaiting the arrival of your car on the Dyno by the way the whole meet packed into the garage to see it!

Really glad to finally shake your hand and chat after all this time. I look forward to seeing you and that brutal FN2 at another some time in the future. Hopefully I'll have Pitlane with me, she was quite upset she missed out on the meet because of work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I did get the feeling having every second person want to come up and talk to you, whilst not knowing who they were was a little overbearing. I think quite a few people had been awaiting the arrival of your car on the Dyno by the way the whole meet packed into the garage to see it!

Really glad to finally shake your hand and chat after all this time. I look forward to seeing you and that brutal FN2 at another some time in the future. Hopefully I'll have Pitlane with me, she was quite upset she missed out on the meet because of work.
Yeah it was a tad chaotic but future meets should be far less mind bending now we have some faces to put to names! Aww bless her haha, I’m sure there will be plenty more down the road!
I know man! Which made my disappointment at what it pulled even more embarrassing hahah 🙈

BUT I’ll be back with vengeance lol

·
Registered
2009 (59) Honda Civic Type-R
17 Posts
An SOD module arrived in the post this morning. The drivers side folding mirror was completely FTF whereas the passenger side at least attempts to fold. I decided I'd do the drivers side first in case there was a bigger issue, but it now works fine so I've ordered a second module for the passengers side which should be here mid-week so both ears should be wagging soon.

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
423 Posts
Yeah it was a tad chaotic but future meets should be far less mind bending now we have some faces to put to names! Aww bless her haha, I’m sure there will be plenty more down the road!
I know man! Which made my disappointment at what it pulled even more embarrassing hahah 🙈

BUT I’ll be back with vengeance lol
No need to be embarrassed mate, you put your faith in the garage, pay the money and trust it'll deliver what it's supposed to. None of that process is in your control or able to be influenced by any action. As such, you can't take any blame for it not giving you the expected power. You've certainly never under committed funds or asked for corners to be cut. I think it's fair to say everyone stood in that garage was on your side and just pleased for you to have it there on the rollers after such a long wait.

Anyway, next time we see it, I'm sure it'll be even better, even faster and even more cheered on by the community.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Brake overhaul, Pagid discs and Honda screws all round, EBC Yellow stuff pads all round, HEL Braided hoses, Motul RBF600 brake fluid and rear backing plates and new bolts. Let the bedding in begin! does feel better already, eager to see what it's like once they are all mated up and heat cycled. New rear boot struts fitted, perfect as others have said (y) better than the ML ones I have bought previously that couldn't even lift the stock spoiler :LOL::LOL: Thanks @techgeekout, my missus keeps shaking her head when I watch the boot lift itself :),she wasn't impressed yesterday when I turned around towards her, looked longingly, then she realised I was looking at the car over her shoulder :LOL: Good job she understands me :)

·
Registered
2009 (59) Honda Civic Type-R
17 Posts
Busy day for the postie, arriving today were bulbs for the interior dome light, front sidelights, and the SOD module for the NS mirror. The interior is much more brightly lit, both mirrors now fold, and now the sidelights match the xenons the front has a cool white-light look all the way across. New front and rear "H" badges arrived yesterday but I'll wait for a nice day to get into swapping those as there will be some sticky goop to remove thoroughly.

7941 - 7960 of 7979 Posts