2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
8081 - 8100 of 8183 Posts

· Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
1,493 Posts
Had to jemmy up a quick fix to no heat in cabin today, had to top up coolant with clean boiled water till service (gotta love our clean soft acidic water up here), taking 15mins to heat up in cabin. no blower going, oil temps were 20C above water temps and blowing cold air, bingo, 75cl did the trick.

i swear she knows i booked her in for a service this morning....getting a full fluids flush with service & MOT, also booked her in to a local valet place for an interior seat clean to get the drivers seat back to just red. Dam my obsession with wearing black jeans. Possible machine polish while its in, not sure yet they have agreed to use all my poorboys polish at least. (y) reduced ofc ;) they quoting me for full 4 rim refurb back to std also, but also with honda red satin flecked layer for insides of alloy behind the spokes if that makes sense.

There are 3 or 4 CW 9gs around here, so would make the car stand out and be a bit different, not sure yet.

· Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Fitted the PCV valve, easy enough took about 40 mins. Had to buy 17mm deep socket 'cos I didn't have one.

Fitted the Acuity bushes. Bit of a ball ache as need to remove air box and the rubber hose at the bottom of it.
Took about an hour and managed it without having to release the big clip that hold gear cables to the box.
If you do it make sure you push the bush right through the ring so that the groove for the locking circlip is clear.

· Registered
549 Posts
Had to jemmy up a quick fix to no heat in cabin today, had to top up coolant with clean boiled water till service (gotta love our clean soft acidic water up here), taking 15mins to heat up in cabin. no blower going, oil temps were 20C above water temps and blowing cold air, bingo, 75cl did the trick.

i swear she knows i booked her in for a service this morning....getting a full fluids flush with service & MOT, also booked her in to a local valet place for an interior seat clean to get the drivers seat back to just red. Dam my obsession with wearing black jeans. Possible machine polish while its in, not sure yet they have agreed to use all my poorboys polish at least. (y) reduced ofc ;) they quoting me for full 4 rim refurb back to std also, but also with honda red satin flecked layer for insides of alloy behind the spokes if that makes sense.

There are 3 or 4 CW 9gs around here, so would make the car stand out and be a bit different, not sure yet.
I'd definitely put a seat cover over the front seats.

· Registered
Civic type R Championship white
595 Posts
Art by Richard Ellis.
Love the work he’s done for me today.

Vibrant ultra quiet resonator welded into the rear and tailpipe extended to make this a true 3” system.
Far enough out as to not burn the paint off the bumper like the original triangle design!
Not to everyone’s taste but needs must on a boosty boy.

Musical instrument Automotive exhaust Nickel Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bicycle fork

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Hood

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

Turbosmart raceport welded in to replace the trouble causing 25mm TTS jobby!
The root cause of all my Missing power 😍
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Mapping is tomorrow

· Registered
Honda Civic type r FN2
576 Posts
Art by Richard Ellis.
Love the work he’s done for me today.

Vibrant ultra quiet resonator welded into the rear and tailpipe extended to make this a true 3” system.
Far enough out as to not burn the paint off the bumper like the original triangle design!
Not to everyone’s taste but needs must on a boosty boy.

View attachment 328145
View attachment 328144
View attachment 328143
View attachment 328142

Turbosmart raceport welded in to replace the trouble causing 25mm TTS jobby!
The root cause of all my Missing power 😍 View attachment 328146

Mapping is tomorrow
Good luck for tomorrow

· Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,705 Posts
Just received my second hand rear light cluster. Decent condition and Honda badge is decent, oh apart from the dead fly stuck inside, how the hell it got in, who knows.
Im feed up of my front lights and tempted to order replacements of cox. Been polished now a few times
I have so many bits to sort it’s driving me mad. I close my eyes and feel my way into car so I don’t spot anything else to be put on the todo list😂

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Cleaned the interior today and noticed the rear left seatbelt was a bit damp again, checked where I sealed the roof gutter ages ago and and it has cracked and lifted, so resealed again, boot is still dry luckily. Hopefully this will last this time.
Could be condensation touch wood. It's that time of year
Come summer time il be going over everything with a fine tooth comb

8081 - 8100 of 8183 Posts