2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
8101 - 8120 of 8183 Posts

· Registered
941 Posts
Could be condensation touch wood. It's that time of year
Come summer time il be going over everything with a fine tooth comb
The other seatbelt was dry, so checked the roof gutters and the sealant and cracked and started to lift away from the body, so definitely think it was letting in a bit of water. I removed as much of the old sealant as I could and I used Captain tolleys creeping crack cure, going to apply more tomorrow and apply more tiger seal over the top to make sure it's 100% sealed.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
The other seatbelt was dry, so checked the roof gutters and the sealant and cracked and started to lift away from the body, so definitely think it was letting in a bit of water. I removed as much of the old sealant as I could and I used Captain tolleys creeping crack cure, going to apply more tomorrow and apply more tiger seal over the top to make sure it's 100% sealed.
I'm gonna get on this come summer

· Registered
2,409 Posts
get OralB - last for a very long time before the battery gets weak - also fantastically handy for all sorts of cleaning jobs, once retired from toothbrushing duties ofc :LOL:
Really isn't the thread for this but I like how the Philips stuff cleans ones teeth... It's just that I've been through 3 of them in about 5 years. What Oral B brush? I had a cheaper one somewhere, it's still working too.

· Premium Member
762 Posts
Not sure what model I'm on - it's midrange.
Just to get on topic "what did you do to your car today" - I upset the Civic as I walked past it to the Land Rover to go fetch some bags of coal, I imagine the Civic was very pleased to not be carrying all that weight in the back home tho :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2007 Type R civic Alabaster Silver, 1994 Toyota MR2 mk2 rev3 white T bar in restoration
36 Posts
Fitted the well covered LED strip lights in footwell upgrade today on my FN2 type r, got a cheap set from amazon (8 strips of red) i wired these in copying two methods of wiring circuits-
One circuit doing one strip each in front footwells and two under the seats at rear, all controlled by the courtesy door lights so dim down nicely as locked or car being started.
Second circuit wired into glove box light so they switch on with head lights, only wired these to front foot wells and have a 12V in line push dimmer on order that i will mount in the glove box to make sure they wont be too distracting at night. 😬
connected all strip LEDs with those bullet push in crimps so I can take panels or rear seat out again in future without cutting the wiring :geek:.
wiring two circuits allowed me to have best of both effects without pissing around with relays, looking very red inside 🥵

· Registered
46 Posts
Had to jemmy up a quick fix to no heat in cabin today, had to top up coolant with clean boiled water till service (gotta love our clean soft acidic water up here), taking 15mins to heat up in cabin. no blower going, oil temps were 20C above water temps and blowing cold air, bingo, 75cl did the trick.

i swear she knows i booked her in for a service this morning....getting a full fluids flush with service & MOT, also booked her in to a local valet place for an interior seat clean to get the drivers seat back to just red. Dam my obsession with wearing black jeans. Possible machine polish while its in, not sure yet they have agreed to use all my poorboys polish at least. (y) reduced ofc ;) they quoting me for full 4 rim refurb back to std also, but also with honda red satin flecked layer for insides of alloy behind the spokes if that makes sense.

There are 3 or 4 CW 9gs around here, so would make the car stand out and be a bit different, not sure yet.
Your description of your possible wheel refurb sounds awesome... be sure to show them off on here m8... I'm still waiting to get mine done when my wife doesn't drive it anymore ...I'm positive she still thinks kerbs are there as stopping aids.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

· Registered
99 Posts
Applied some more Captain Tolleys to the roof gutters, I wish I used this first instead of slapping on the Tiger seal the first time round.
Now was about to say the opposite. Didn’t have a lot of success with Captain Tolleys, and had instant success with the tiger seal (Screwfix own brand version). Maybe I didn’t use Captain Tolleys correctly???

· Registered
941 Posts
Applied some more Captain Tolleys to the roof gutters, I wish I used this first instead of slapping on the
Now was about to say the opposite. Didn’t have a lot of success with Captain Tolleys, and had instant success with the tiger seal (Screwfix own brand version). Maybe I didn’t use Captain Tolleys correctly???
Well if it works it's a lot cleaner I suppose, I'm just going to keep topping it up untill it no longer seeps in, in 30 minute intervals. Is that what you did?

8101 - 8120 of 8183 Posts