2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
8,321 - 8,340 of 9,186 Posts
good to know mate i seriously need to tackle my driver seat, dam me and wearing black denim all time.
not sure where wife got it, probably Amazon:

and when I had cleaned it, it bloody well rained!

the water does seems to have blown off in the wind without me driving anywhere and leaves a nice gloss

Washed it and replaced the front pads and discs, I need a new lance for the karcher, as it doesn't seem to be working to well. Getting fed up with finding new dings on the drivers side, I now have 5 door dings down the drivers side, now a small dent above the driver's door, passenger side doesn't have any!🤬

Washed it and replaced the front pads and discs, I need a new lance for the karcher, as it doesn't seem to be working to well. Getting fed up with finding new dings on the drivers side, I now have 5 door dings down the drivers side, now a small dent above the driver's door, passenger side doesn't have any!🤬
Mobile dent removal, they do a very good job.

Yeah, think I'm going to get them removed, just wish people would take care, I try to always park in an end space and away from the main part of car parks and still end up getting door banged. [emoji2359]
Some folk don't give a **** .... if there's limited spaces I always hunt down a space next to newish well kept car .. that way u have a chance that u won't be on the receiving end.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Yeah, think I'm going to get them removed, just wish people would take care, I try to always park in an end space and away from the main part of car parks and still end up getting door banged. 🤦🏻‍♂️
you forget most people don't care like we do sadly buddy.

Replaced replacement passenger door handle on the FN2.
Used original one that I had repaired, then found that the thread in the plastic for one bolt has stripped and the allen bolt head slot has rounded off as the allen key didn't fit well enough.
So it's held in place by one 10mm bolt and the hex bolt, utter PITA but it works.

Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one once I've found someone to get that damn allen bolt out.

@Mandoscottie ... yes.. fully sealed along bottom of rear doors View attachment 328651

pretty sure those holes are for clips to hold a stiff strip that goes along the door to keep the dirt out, water drains from that slot.
same as the front door

@Mandoscottie ... yes.. fully sealed along bottom of rear doors View attachment 328651

soz should have been more specific, the door rubbers along bottom of the rear doors themselves.

lemme go out and get a pic what i see on my rear doors.
Hood Automotive tire Sleeve Synthetic rubber Fender

My mates std 9g cdti has a firm strip along bottom of rear doors like wilmos said, looks like typer dont get them hence the mucky rear inlays.....dagnammit Honda seriously?
To save what 900grams a door lol, checking on cox site to see if they available.

ive emailed cox and asked if they are available from standard 5 door as a part, will keep ya posted bud, if not scrapyard time, might also try for the front seat bolt covers they omitted....they like unicorns farts in a vacuum though.

If any tourer or 5 door model owner could take a pick of the rear bottom of door shwoing the additional strip so i can show par the difference please? :)

pretty sure those holes are for clips to hold a stiff strip that goes along the door to keep the dirt out, water drains from that slot.
same as the front door
eggsactly mate they aint on type-rs it seems........wtf :D thats been bugging me at back of mind to ask for ages. lol

oh oh i drove in a 3 car type-r convoy all 9gs this morning passing a pair of black 8g type-s one of them had 10g gunmetal alloys on it, looked dammed fine tbh.

2 CWs and a grey metallic Typers :D all from Westend Honda, mine just debranded, converged on the Kingsway for those who know this area.

they look ace in the grey tbh it was seriously popping in the bright sunshine. the white one popped his hazards, bumped into him before, in asda carpark and on that road a few times mines always cleaner :p

soz should have been more specific, the door rubbers along bottom of the rear doors themselves.

lemme go out and get a pic what i see on my rear doors.
View attachment 328652

My mates std 9g cdti has a firm strip along bottom of rear doors like wilmos said, looks like typer dont get them hence the mucky rear inlays.....dagnammit Honda seriously?
To save what 900grams a door lol, checking on cox site to see if they available.

ive emailed cox and asked if they are available from standard 5 door as a part, will keep ya posted bud, if not scrapyard time, might also try for the front seat bolt covers they omitted....they like unicorns farts in a vacuum though.

If any tourer or 5 door model owner could take a pick of the rear bottom of door shwoing the additional strip so i can show par the difference please? :)
I will have a look moro also .... my other car is a 9g EX GT

I will have a look moro also .... my other car is a 9g EX GT

perfecto, ahhh i thought i saw you in one :) red too aint it?

dunno if i said this before, i got a spare perf air filter for the civvy going spare if u want it? pipercross one lying in my bits bucket in plastico, i got one fitted already it turned out lol welcome to it for either civic, should also fit the GT

perfecto, ahhh i thought i saw you in one :) red too aint it?

dunno if i said this before, i got a spare perf air filter for the civvy going spare if u want it? pipercross one lying in my bits bucket in plastico, i got one fitted already it turned out lol welcome to it for either civic, should also fit the GT
The GT is silver..I'm a sucker for the civic. Previous to the GT was an 8g ishift. Owned that one for 9 years. Very kind of you about filter.. would gladly take it off your hands if u sure you don't want it as a future replacement... would happily pay you also.

8,321 - 8,340 of 9,186 Posts