2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
8,361 - 8,380 of 9,186 Posts
washed and dried off betty :) was gonna give it a polish but looked like rain. :( needing to clay bar it get rid of treesap and tar from over the winter the front doors are spattered, maybe next weekend, see what the temps are like.

toying with some bits this month, any reccs for the black wheel nuts and locking nut? best with the honda ones?, or change to the ones via Dream automotive?

thinking they will look better than my current chrome ones when wheels are redone.

are the Climair wind deflectors the ones that dont use metal clips?

Will the black coating wear/chip over time on the nuts?
Won't chrome look good in contrast to the black wheels?
thats what im wondering, honda have oem 10th gen blacks that fit but i think they just coated too.

my wheel locks are looking a bit grubby

toying with the mugen door handle inlay protectors but might look twatty

washed and dried off betty :) was gonna give it a polish but looked like rain. :( needing to clay bar it get rid of treesap and tar from over the winter the front doors are spattered, maybe next weekend, see what the temps are like.

toying with some bits this month, any reccs for the black wheel nuts and locking nut? best with the honda ones?, or change to the ones via Dream automotive?

thinking they will look better than my current chrome ones when wheels are redone.

are the Climair wind deflectors the ones that dont use metal clips?
Both wheels nuts will look ok, yes Climair don’t use clips.

Better than Honda's oil?
I would say so, yes. I used Comma Fully Synthetic 75W80.
I don’t know when the gearbox oil was last changed, so I assume it was the original Honda MTF-3.
Gear changes weren’t bad but sometimes 2nd was iffy. It’s much better now.

Some years ago I changed the factory fill gearbox oil in a new Mazda MX-5 as when cold the shifting was stiff. Replaced it with Castrol Syntrans Fully Synthetic and it solved the issue, much slicker changes from cold.

Bought new discs F & R and new rear pads (all Pagid) to go with the Red Stuff front pads I won on here.
Just need to get time to fit them all now.

Both wheels nuts will look ok, yes Climair don’t use clips.
nice, thanks mate, climairs it is then :D dark sports £109 delivered direct from climair. the rears youll hardly notice due to blacked out pimp windows on it but pair of front n rears hopefully be here in 3-6 days if in stock.

4th april total bare metal alloy restore inc 2nd spray for stripe n ceramic coated, £400 for the 4 2 day drive in :) whoop whoop cant wait bet the climairs come when its away, turns out the guys a fn2 fan lol he said tbh these are his fav ones, i just nodded and grinned then joked then i expect youll take great pride doing the rims justice as honda bloody didnt its only 7yr old and 45k! :D

tyres next i think michie ps4s methinks time to try them instead of the contis which tbf have lasted well, 22k on fronts so far they near mark not advisory on mot last month. still the rears i got it with...conti 6s and done 30k with me so far....

Dropped the FN2 off at the garage for MOT....

Checked everything I can check last three days. 2 new front tyres on yesterday. Just hope it don't fail on nearly worn out brakes. Then wait for the agonising phone call later.

Oil and filter service. Liqui Moly Oil flush, Millers XF Premium 0w30 ACEA C2 Spec with Liqui Moly Ceratec and a Honda Oil filter. Very simple, only thing I didn't like was the position of the oil filter being on its side meant you cant fill it up prior to fitting, just means the oil pressure takes longer to build.

Gearbox oil changed using Millers XF Premium 75w80 Fully Synthetic with Liqui Moly 1040 Gearbox Oil Additive. Very easy to do, much easier than the Gen8 as you don't have to remove the whole plastic under tray. I would certainly suggest anyone does this whilst they are under doing an oil and filter as its probably just an extra 15 minutes to do whilst you've the service hatch removed anyway.

Fog Lights replaced with LED's, passenger side was a pain as the intercooler is in the way, driver side was very easy, finishes off the lighting on the front now just nicely.

purchased a drivers side window regulator motor, has to come from Japan weeks lead time.....fricking climairs, pieces of poop, binned! should went honda deflectors.

not a happy bunny :( had to reschedule and change alloy refurb to alloy delivery only on wed due to car being out of action for next 10 days and up on 4 post ramp.

now to fight with climair for a return and refund...thatll be fun!

• Sad
Reactions: MrHicks
purchased a drivers side window regulator motor, has to come from Japan weeks lead time.....fricking climairs, pieces of poop, binned! should went honda deflectors.

not a happy bunny :( had to reschedule and change alloy refurb to alloy delivery only on wed due to car being out of action for next 10 days and up on 4 post ramp.

now to fight with climair for a return and refund...thatll be fun!
Why they poop, you snapped them having to slightly bend them in?

8,361 - 8,380 of 9,186 Posts