2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car just started to sqweek when going over small bumps or speed humps!

its coming from one of the corners, think its the suspension, i think.

any idea, and if so what do i do?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

thrust me, it'll get even worse, it starts with stupid squeeks, then an occasional bang and then it just bangs always.

I have a 2007 type-s with 39000 km on the clock and its appalling, no other word to describe it

Really not much you can do, if you have an older model you can get your dealer to look if it has shocks from a faulty batch (you(ll find more info about this on the wiki pages) but otherwise, its a characteristic of the car...
After every service the car is much quieter but after 1k km, its just back to the usual.

·
<3
2,103 Posts

Could be your bump stops!? I had this every time I went over speed bumps it used to drive me mad! I still wait for it to happen again though :popcorn2:

Have a look at this although there are quite a few threads on this..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-and-irritations/36234-civic-noise-going-over-bumps.html

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woette

my car is a 2006 civic so is that an older model?

it only has 19,000. on the clock and has the normal full honda history etc

sometimes it goes away and its fine then all of a sudden its back driving me mad.

i have tried everything, avioding bumps to see if that will work to speeding over a bump to bang it away with force :) (didnt work)

it defo sounds like its coming from the suspension, bushes maybe?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers wire gal i will take a look

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Mine sqweeks over humps and fairly hard left turns.Was very loud,but lately has (almost) gone away.Dealer has said bump stops,and will be replacing under warranty

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I was speaking to my friend the other day who's a honda mechanic at my local honda
dealer. He told me that the problem with the rear shocks are that that the seals go dry,when the vehicle has stood for a length of time the top seal inside the shock sticks to the piston,when you get into your vehicle and start to drive away the shock moves and the seal comes unstuck from the piston causing it to make a knocking or banging noise.He also told me that Honda are trying to overcome the problem by fitting oil/greased wicks to the top of the shocks then the oil/grease would run down the piston and lubricate the seal preventing the seal to dry out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts