2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago she was a little tired. The front end was just one big stone chip!

So I went back to the bodyshop I spent a decade in up to a few years ago, and did some cost-saving labour on my week off. Complete front end re-paint, as well as the rear bumper. I sent the wheels off for powder coating, and had one of them corrected as it was slightly out of round.

£750 all-in :smile3:

I painted the rocker cover a couple of months back, on my driveway. Replaced the rocker cover gasket and spark plug seals while I was at it.

I made the stupid mistake of smoking in it for the past year, so extensive work has been going recently, on to get it de-smogged. Never again, I'll just pull over if I want a smoke!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And if anyones curious, I'll quote Hunter S Thompson.

"once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.” !!

Still trying to find the perfect combination. Isn't amazon wonderful!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to have done the sides and tailgate too, but that would have meant that I'd had a full respray in the last 18 months!! I figured that, at only 57,000 miles, it was worth spending the money on this year.

I got it for about £1600-1800 under market value by a serious stroke of luck, so I have headroom :)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Fantastic job, nice one 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts