2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi with these thermal gaskets can anyone recommend one I'm looking at skunk 2 stuff , will these work is there any dyno proof etc

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Hi with these thermal gaskets can anyone recommend one I'm looking at skunk 2 stuff , will these work is there any dyno proof etc
Hi, I have a skunk2 one fitted and was not aware that there are different types so make sure you get the correct one with air assist (If needed), I modified mine by drilling the holes that were missing from the one I got by useing the original as a template.

As for Dyno proof, you don't really get any increase gain from these, you just don't loose bhp as the heat of the engine increase and heats the manifold and TB, which intern heats the air, which the ecu weakens the fuel mixture to compensate the FA ratio, which means less fuel = less BHP.
I have noticed lower intake temps now I have it fitted on the ODB

Reactions: musegroove

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Ok thanks mate have you got the throttle body one
No worries, yeah, have the throttle body one too as I think they come hand in hand really.
Then there is the throttle body coolant bypass you can do to help, some say it doesn’t make a difference and not worth it. TDI advised me to do it so I did as I also think it forms part of trying to lower intake temperatures, may as well if you paying for parts to do it and this is free.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
No worries, yeah, have the throttle body one too as I think they come hand in hand really.
Then there is the throttle body coolant bypass you can do to help, some say it doesn’t make a difference and not worth it. TDI advised me to do it so I did as I also think it forms part of trying to lower intake temperatures, may as well if you paying for parts to do it and this is free.
until your throttle plate freezes open....

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Reactions: musegroove

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I've had throttle body thermal gaskets on both my Fn2 and ep3, not expensive and I prefer them to the paper gaskets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts