2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, since Tues our 2.2 diesel sport has been giving us outside temperature readings of 55 degrees! And I think because of this its not blowing hot air into the cabin - I rang Honda and they said a replacement thermostat (which they reckon is the problem) will cost £43 with labour to fit £120!!!! :facepalm: Daylight robbery! Does it take that long to replace?

Does anyone know if I can buy the part cheaper anywhere else and any other garages they could recomment in Manchester/Altrincham area? I rang Honda in Old Trafford where I get my car serviced (they're now Swansway Honda, Arnold Clark sold off this dealership recently I was told by the service desk)

Any help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
is it reading 55 deg for the outside or inside temp? as if its the outside then the climate control should still work

saying that.... last night my reading for outside was 36 degrees last night on the way home from work, may need to get that sorted if it dosent rectify itself

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I had the exactly the same problem, Honda fixed mine under warranty, it took about a hour to do, I had to drive from Wales to Newcastle with the car blowing cold air in winter, it wasn't fun!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fr the replies, will get it replaced as soon as I can, trying to find a mechanic to do it for a lot less than £120 ;-)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
The outside temperature sensor is faulty - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/22477-outside-temperature.html

You are right - this is why it doesn't blow any hot air into the cabin - car thinks its warm outside so just lets the outside air into the cabin without heating it

ahhh, see what your saying, ill fire mine up on the way home from work as i may well have the same issue then :\

at least with it under warranty i can get it fixed.... still need to sort out the whole 3rd gear poping out every now and then

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
This is strange.:eek:
We took my wifes 2.2 up to London for 4 days and driving back this morning, the heater without the climate control, air conditioning or duel control on, was blowing cold air into the cabin.
It would only start to blow out heated, when she turned it to number 25 and above.
Whats going on then - please ??:confused:
I thought it might be the temp' control knob gone for a burton, never gave the external temp' sensor a thought, as it was showing 10 - 11 degrees on the dash which was about right.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Re : the above :-
A perfect example of how the Wiki is your friend.
Did the fag paper test on the heater sensor by the steering wheel.
It was bunged up and a swift go with the mini Hoover and the heating system now working perfectly.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
My External temperature reading has a mind of its own

was showing about 15 degrees last night and this morning but the climate control was working fine. Mind you, checking the weather its about 10 degree's anyway so i suspect it would work if it is close enough to the correct temperature?

So id definitely uses the outside air to cool/heat the car accordingly?

just so i got this right in my head lets say that the temperature reading spazzes out again , i dont know and thinks its 40 degree's ..... and its really like 2 degree's

if im cold and turn the heating on ..... it will start blowing the cold air into the car as it thinks the air is warm ?

dosent it just use the warm air from the engine bay and mix it with cold air accordingly?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a replacement outside thermometer replaced on Sat and everything is back to normal thank god, been so cold in the car the last 2 weeks, luckily only paid £69 all in to replace it

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im suffering the same problem no hot air in car because it thinks its 55 degrees outside just wondering where u got ** replacement part as i will replace it myself thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
outside temp reading also high

i also have this problem (about 25 degrees too high).. i was going to get someone to use a diagnosyics kit but i guess this is unessercary as it seems that it is defo the outside temp sensor . i want to do this myself as i dont want the expense of a garage, as bathtowel asks above is there anywhere in particular i can get this..

Is there a part number i should be aware of

Also i am aware i am new with no posts , i am not here just to expect help i will help others i promise !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks 'ivetecdoyou' i will look into this, i am a bit nervous when it comes to taking my car apart......

i just need to locate a new sensor

ta very much

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have a problem with heating inside of the car. 2007 civic hb. My car's engine was loosing heat very fast at cold airs. Then I went to servise and they changed thermostat. After that engine is always stable temperature. 1 month later of that I need to heat air inside the car, opened clima but only cold air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts