2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to head office today in Surrey, on the way back through Bracknell found myself at the front of a 3 Civic chain, bumper to bumper at the traffic lights, suddenly didn't feel that special. :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, I don't go three weeks without seeing one these days.

They still aren't as common as a Focus or Golf though. :wink:

·
Registered
211 Posts
My dad had a 3 way meeting of Civics in Bala last week - all arrived at a junction at the same time!!

J :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I've only seen three here altogether. And the first ones were delivered in January!

I did see two when I was in London about a month ago. Positively stood out even there with all the other cars.

[OT] Also saw a DB9 [smilie=coolup.gif] [/OT]

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now those DB9's are getting common, passed 2 on the way to work yesterday, and one passed me on the way home.

·
Registered
130 Posts
...also remeber though that the golf, focus are so bland that they blend in well with other caras, with the civic if there is one on the road then you are very klikely to notice it because it stands out so much.

At then end of the day, its a fantastic car and good value for money, when you compare oth cars for the same price, why wouldnt people choose it? They chosie it for the same reason as us.

I know when I first bought it there was a lot of head turning and compliments, now I think people are used to it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I haven't seen too many of them over here yet (Espoo and Helsinki area), but I expect them to get more common during the summer, considering the numbers they've been selling. And you're right, civicg, the Honda stands out of the crowd. That's why just seeing two of them can make you think they're everywhere.

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
My wife and I have been playing spot the new Civic or the Golf MK5 (thats what she drives). Lets put it this way shes in double figures and I have only seen 2.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I saw a black Civic turn at the Iso Omena ("Big Apple", a local shopping center) intersection yesterday afternoon. The driver was a blonde lady. Suppose it's worth a mention, because the Civics still aren't that common over here yet. At least not in the area I mostly do my business in.

Yeah, you can figure it made me wish I had mine already.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
There's a few around here; including 2 others within a few mins of me.
One is identical to mine (in fact I'm quite convinced that it's the model I test drove) and one is a nighthawk black 2.2 with a personalised number plate!
There's also one which is always at Tesco Burnage so I'm guessing a member of staff there and I seem to see an alabaster one everytime I'm in Stockport!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I've just spent 2 days in Cambridge and saw quite a few around, possibly because the office I was in overlooked a local Honda dealership ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thier certainly not getting that common around this area, ive only seen half a dozen all year and i dont even know if they were all different ones or not.

There's only one i know of in this town, but that will hopefully become two when i can drive again next year :)

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I was in your patch last saturday phoenix, and like you say there not many about here yet, lincs must be a civic cool spot because ive had a fair few looks :)

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
It seems good things come in threes, i was in a Three way Que the other day, i did feel special because we were a lot cooler looking than everyone else, looks aplenty!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts