2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I am a very happy new owner of a 2008 Black CTR with 19" Rage's!

The only thing i can see with this car that is wrong is....A thin strip of Rust above windscreen.

What can I do about that? How can I treat it, or stop it spreading?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Still get down to your nearest dealer. It's a known issue and Honda extended the warranty for it (although you're now outside that extended period) so see what they'll do for you.

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
If you have the book stamped from Honda for the annual corrosion check then you will have no issues whatsoever getting it done under warranty, just as Syx said it's a known issue with Honda..

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
See the big thread on this mate.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
If you have the book stamped from Honda for the annual corrosion check then you will have no issues whatsoever getting it done under warranty, just as Syx said it's a known issue with Honda..
When I got my 2008 CTR last April had the same problem with the rust.
Bought the car from a NON Honda dealer, but my local Honda garage was brilliant and re-sprayed under warranty for me.
As Jonno mentioned, the only thing Honda wanted to see were the anti-corrosion checks in the service history. :)

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Think paint has a 7 or 10 year guarantee.
Honda treated mine and painted the whole roof.
Wouldn't give a free courtesy car tho.
Graham

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Mine is being done a week today, in for two days and I'll get a courtesy car :). Full Honda service history and they took paint measurements, photo's etc and I got a reply within a week saying Honda UK had approved the work. Mine is a 2008 57 plate with 31,000 miles on it. Go and see them......they sort it out.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Mine was also bought from a non Honda garage, first service carried out by the Honda dealer and none of the corrosion checks were stamped, ended up with the roof being sprayed twice due to crappy first attempt, and a courtesy car twice, the car was 4 years old when done

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I think that the roof is being dealt with separately to the standard corrosion warranty.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Chances of me getting this done too when my car doesn't have a FHSH?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
p.s thanks for all the fast and helpful comments, you Honda guys are very keen! Cheers :)

So far, I love my CTR, vast improvement from 2004 Civic Sport 1.6

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The one opposite Highclare school? I bought my Civic from there, and the one I had before this one. They're alright, just the sales reps aren't quite as up to speed as we are about the intricacies of the 8G Civic :lol:

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Chances of me getting this done too when my car doesn't have a FHSH?
I never had FHSH but got my local garage to sign and stamp book to say they checked the paint against Honda's original check sheet and I managed to wangle it..;)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
My in-laws live a similar distance away - my wife went to Highclare when she was in school :lol:

Unfortunately I've moved a bit further afield but next time I'm in the area I'll drop you a PM

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
How do we go about sorting it out? Just pop into my local honda dealer and ask? Have an 07 CTR and when I cleaned it last week I noticed the some rust along the mentioned area after reading this a few weeks back. I'm sure I've got part service history with honda, pretty sure the last 2 stamps haven't been from honda but all the rest are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts