2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a random question, I am having my Twin Plate fitted at TDI North on the 14th of Feb... Valentines Day

My better half was supposed to be working, but now shes off and asking if she can come.

Is there a retail park or anything not too far away? I have tried Googleing but its hard when you dont know the area, was thinking cinema but it seems like an hour away via public transport

Anyone who has visited previously have any ideas?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Im only 20mins away so you've got Birchwood shopping centre (small and rubbish) only a stones throw from tdi north with a marstons pub but still a 35 min walk but there is a train station there or to Padgate station 25 min walk so either get a ticket to Warrington central station for golden square shopping centre(not bad) or you be better of going into Manchester town centre(get ticket to deansgate station) to treat the other half at the arndale centre hell of a lot more shops for you to look at,takes 50 mins to get there,only 5 mins walk to arndale,ENJOY.Also google tdi north on maps to show the nearest stations padgate and birchwood.

no direct train to Trafford centre.If not sure ask the guys at tdi they will give you more info.

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im only 20mins away so you've got Birchwood shopping centre (small and rubbish) only a stones throw from tdi north with a marstons pub but still a 35 min walk but there is a train station there or to Padgate station 25 min walk so either get a ticket to Warrington central station for golden square shopping centre(not bad) or you be better of going into Manchester town centre(get ticket to deansgate station) to treat the other half at the arndale centre hell of a lot more shops for you to look at,takes 50 mins to get there,only 5 mins walk to arndale,ENJOY.Also google tdi north on maps to show the nearest stations padgate and birchwood.

no direct train to Trafford centre.If not sure ask the guys at tdi they will give you more info.
Cheers mate, yeah on the google maps now. Getting to trafford centre is a ball ache so wont be doing that. Shes been lots of time anyway and to Manchetser centre

Think we will do the walk to Padgate station and head into Warrington centre from there have a walk about the shops and have a bit of lunch.

Cheers for the help chaps

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
If you like nandos they have one in town centre next door golden square shopping centre.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Never actually been, we do like Pizza Hut though if theres one in town?

Had a look at the shops in the centre and to be fair its got everything she usually goes for
there is 2,ones a bit far to walk to and the other is near by go to google again to show them on maps.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
One week to go Dougie...hopefully get this clutch issue sorted for good..how long is your drive home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
...how long is your drive home?

...about as long as the drive there. ;)

Dougie's den to TDI North...

Distance: 74.7 miles Time: 1 hr 21 min

Just over an hour, I reckon, traffic permitting. ;)

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Get to give the clutch a good run (within reason then)...what's the usual bed in period? Messia, have you fitted yours yet?

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah hour and a bit each way, should be all done and dusted this time next week!

Looking forward to getting it sorted! I will update my thread for everyone letting you know what I think

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Get to give the clutch a good run (within reason then)...what's the usual bed in period?
Not really, unless Dougie goes back via A roads. 500-1000 miles to bed in properly, and that needs to be using the clutch, not cruising on motorways.

Messiah, have you fitted yours yet?

Unfortunately not, waiting on M-Factory LSDs arriving before I proceed with my fitting.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Nah will be using the motorway, but A roads to work and back for an hour and a half everyday to run it in for a good few weeks afterwards!

Sounds good..so bed in period means a no harsh acceleration?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts