2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in October last year I brought the CTR and sold my little GT and well never had the love for the CTR. Missed the boost, torque and acceleration. Also have had few problems with it that put me off even more and in recent months have seriously thought about selling it for something else. Well this weekend you can see I did a very very easy and cheap mod and OMG driving home from work tonight the car put a massive smile on my face. It just picked up and just kept going nothing like before all of a sudden the car seems quicker (not majorly) but defently noticeable. I had massive smile on my face all the way home. I really cant get over how much it changed and im being deadly serious it had changed alot! I love my CTR!!!!

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just removed the blades in the air box as I heard on the Cupra owners club it makes a difference so gave it ago and well was impressed. Ok still no change in torque and probably isnt much of a bhp change (if any) but just feels like it responds better and picks up better i may get it on rollers on weekend

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All that plastic trim is for the strengthening of it when its in the moulding process. Has no effect on the mass air flow. Mate has done it in his Cupra and it didnt mess the maf us at all.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
glad to hear that you're happy Timmy, I well and truly love my Type R too. I have hardly had any probs with my car and I'm always looking for an excuse to go out for a drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All that plastic trim is for the strengthening of it when its in the moulding process. Has no effect on the mass air flow. Mate has done it in his Cupra and it didnt mess the maf us at all.
i've yet to even really look under the bonet since i bought mine (not had it long) what bit do you mean?

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
if hondata say so, id say its dodgy :p

·
Premium Member
252 Posts

Simply not true Timmy, to have all those fins incorporated into the tooling would not only create extra expense but would also hinder the moulding proccess.

Haven't got a clue whether or not your mod is good or bad, but wanted you to know that the reason for the fins being there is NOT to aid the moulding proccess

I would probably consider some kind of MAF shield as a minimum offset to the fin removal.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Got some pics Timmy?

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No as I now have a Piper Induction kit and the air Box is in the loft

1 - 17 of 17 Posts