2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of buying my first civic. I like the look of the 8th gen 1.4 iVTEC however I have some questions... 1) how turbo-able are they? It would be someway down the line but I'd still like to do it at some point
2) does anyone have any good shops for aftermarket parts ie bodykits etc
3) any known problems with them?
4) what's the spec difference between type s and non type s models?
5) are there any good mods to do ie pistons, cam, brakes or suspension? If so are there any good kits?
6) are there any issues with that engine?
7) what is the engine code for that engine, as far as looking for parts goes, ie what's the engine code in the manual, the one on my skoda fabia is AWY

I know they're not very popular but I absolutely love em, especially the white Nugent edition. Unfortunately I crashed my skoda last year so my insurance is impossible for anything other than the 1.4 Thanks!!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Check the Civinfo Wiki section for spec's, model differences, issues/faults.

Has anyone ever attempted to boost a 1.4? The cost is likely to be very high (£k's) and for little benefit.

Stick with the 1.4 until your insurance drops, then purchase a car with more tuning options.

Oh and welcome to :civinfo:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main part of the cost would be from the turbo itself, manifold and exhaust I can make myself , just wondering how doable it would be , also thinking that uprated pistons etc would support an earnest remap

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Why turbo a 1.4 though? I'm guessing your going with the 1.4 for insurance reasons? When you come to turbo it and declare it to insurance (which I strongly recommend) I can imagine you'd be looking at type r insurance costs. I'd personally go for the 1.8 as the insurance wouldn't be significantly different from the 1.4 in guessing. Or if your really a petrol head, bite the bullet and get the R. I wish I'd done just that mate.

Oh and welcome along!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts