2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

After upgrading my speakers I feel I need just a little bit more Bass, I'm going to fit a small sub either under rear seats or just in boot, I've noticed from researching the Wiki that *** have used the rear speakers as an input to Amp for sub but does this mean a rear speaker won't work or do you just split wiring if so will sound quality be lost?

All suggestions will be a great help

Thanks

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
TBH I've gone for a new hu (Pioneer with 4X50W mosfets), splitting the wiring would just be a waste imho. Check out dynamic sound for a good selection of slimline under seat subs :)

Tom

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want nothing major just something to add a bit of bass I can't afford to change head unit lol so would splitting it be the only input option to a sub?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
If you were running an amplifier would need a signal cable running to it from HU as well as the inputs. Splitting the wire won't give you as much flexability imo.

The door speakers you have would sound alot better (and more bassy) with an after market HU fitted with suitible EQ. The standard HU is 8 watts, your speakers are designed to take 70Watts RMS, thats why why there was not a huge difference in loudness/ bass mate, but much better audio re-production. I'd save and go for a HU install tbh.

I'm going to be putting the same components I think as we fitted in the front of yours, and then I'll be looking the future at a stealth install under the rear seats with some 6.5" subs.

Edit: Could also fit more of that sound deadening stuff as possible to help contain the sound and make it sound nicer. Just a f**ker that it didn't stick very well.

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yh Mabie just leave it then CBS with HU expense not worth in my eyes they bloody head unit adapter is like £100 on its own then a DD HU start at like £200 for a half decent 1 might pay a visit to uplands to get a price on it all to bare in mind, do you need extra looms so the aftermarket HU works with steering wheel Controls?
Bit off topic now lol

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Yh Mabie just leave it then CBS with HU expense not worth in my eyes they bloody head unit adapter is like £100 on its own then a DD HU start at like £200 for a half decent 1 might pay a visit to uplands to get a price on it all to bare in mind, do you need extra looms so the aftermarket HU works with steering wheel Controls?
Bit off topic now lol
Yeah with adaptor, lead, hu and satnav addition mine was close to £1k But..... a half decent pioneer can be had in single din for 80notes, and just add a £13 under unit box, like me :) You can then run a decent line and have a better sounding active sub, you won't get a sub with a split line just a louder speaker, as aftermarket, hu have a dedicated sub out :)

Tom

Reactions: Dwyer9

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discount from Forum = Impulse is £200 for all the crap, so ** talking pretty much 300 all in, which if you were putting a sub at the boot would cost you pretty much that anyway for a half decent set up...

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
You won't get a bass feed from the rear speakers though, only a sound signal.... it'll be louder but it won't be a pure bass note.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
i dont know what there doing lol the shop is doing it they started talking about convertors and all this i was just like keep the price down :D:D
Who you getting to fit it mate?

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
mos half decent amps have a frequency switch to go between full range high and low. i have my amp fed by a split off the headunit, sounds fine in my opinion, my amp splits off the frequencies so i just get lows from my sub

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
western car radio tommorow morning cannt wait :D:D:D:D

Really good bunch of guys there with top quality kit.

I beleive they also did mbase's.

Helped me with my previous car's ice set up's too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.