2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am getting rid of my car start of next month. I am torn between a few cars.

The 09 accord is one of them.

Also thinking of the same age audi a4/a5

But also thinking of a same age civic but a type s.

All diesel cars. Someone persuade me either way I am really struggling to decide

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'be been using a 2.2 diesel Accord as a company car since 2009 (50.000+ miles on the clock). It has been totally faultless, fuel consumption is pretty good and it's a quiet cruiser.

The colleague has A4 Convertible and it's about 5.5 years old. The car was back at the dealer at least 4 times last year for different issues like 'Braking problem' signal suddenly pops up when driving on the highway. Not to mention that this year's first unplanned visit at the dealer ('Airbag problems' signal constantly on the dashboard) took place last week. I can't comment the driving impression of A4 but from the reliability point of view 1:0 to Honda.

It's country specific but insurance cost, servicing fees are almost 50% less in case of the Accord compared to A4 in Hungary.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
Jon does the idtec clutch fare any better?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Good question!

There have been almost no failures reported by TA members, but here's one - Slipping clutch - TypeAccord - as you can see, there is some some surprise to hear of this problem. I guess all clutches fail, but after the famously-weak i-CTDi clutch it makes sense to be suspicious!

Despite searching TA, I have no idea whether the iDTEC clutch assembly is merely the same as the later (325) i-CTDi or something completely different. Maybe a look at the part numbers on Lings might reveal this?

Remaps are available from Elite/Premier, as well as Celtic, and there are posive reviews for both. Elite/Premier also offer a DPF removal remap, which also includes physical removal of the DPF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts