2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own a Alfa mito cloverleaf and is around 194bhp with 250lb or torque.

Thinking about buying a civic type r mugen 200.

Going to cost me a bit extra a month just wondering if there is going to be any other side effects? Any known issues or common faults?

I had a civic 5 years ago and I treated it like **** and ragged it for 20 k miles and never one fault. Saying this I have a lot of faith in Honda and always loved the civic type r

Also what about tuning? I know it's NA so can't be remapped so easily but what about exhaust systems and air intakes and realistic gains?

Any help and input would be good

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts

Going to cost me a bit extra a month just wondering if there is going to be any other side effects? Any known issues or common faults?

I had a civic 5 years ago and I treated it like **** and ragged it for 20 k miles and never one fault. Saying this I have a lot of faith in Honda and always loved the civic type r

Also what about tuning? I know it's NA so can't be remapped so easily but what about exhaust systems and air intakes and realistic gains?

Thanks
If you are already looking at upping power before buying the Type-R it isn't a good sign. IMO unless you are ready to Supercharge it (something like £4k) then go for a different car.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
:)

If you are already looking at upping power before buying the Type-R it isn't a good sign. IMO unless you are ready to Supercharge it (something like £4k) then go for a different car.
Another option, there is a few charged R's around, you might find one for sale ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I plan to super charge it to be honest, I always tune cars to make them my own.

But are there any niggles with the car that are obvious and would put me off buying?

I understand buying a mugen 200 may not be faster but I'm after the whole driving experience. Not sure if anyone can correct me but the civic type r wins every time?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

Thanks
Say what now? someone tell this guy about flashpro.

mate please do some reading. it will help..

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Mate, I would consider asking one of the mod's to move this thread to the type R section rather than the Mugen section. I know you're after a M200 but they are identical to a LSD equipped type R.

You may get more response in that section as it has more views.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.