2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have had my fn2 for a few weeks now and wanting to do a few mods.
I was thinking of starting with the flash pro, so that any mods I add on after, I will get 100% out of them.

Good Idea??? Any advice is welcome...

Ps ideas of second hand prices for flash pros???

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I think it could be £450-£500 for a 2nd hand flashpro?

Definitely buy one though they're brilliant you'll love it. As for mods go for intakes and exhaust to start with then take it to tdi to get a map for all your mods. Cause the only one you have with the flashpro to start with is the group n for stock CTR. ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for advice jeza, I was thinking of going for hks intake then miltek exhaust.
Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want rubbish.

Ps I got a bonnet bra, and with the gp bumpers it looks grate.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
"dont want to spend a fortune" you just wait and see what will happen haha!

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Thanks for advice jeza, I was thinking of going for hks intake then miltek exhaust.
Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want rubbish.

Ps I got a bonnet bra, and with the gp bumpers it looks grate.

Nooooooooo bonnet bra it'll scratch you bonnet paintwork when crap gets under it. Would have been better carbon wrapping to protect your paintwork. ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha hav only had the bonnet bra on a few hours before it started raining and filling with water. Perhaps a bad idea.
Have just got vinyl for the roof and wing mirrors, with the gp bumpers should look good.

So yeh DCShoesUSA starting to spend a fortune already and haven't even started on engine haha o well cant take it with you

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Haha hav only had the bonnet bra on a few hours before it started raining and filling with water. Perhaps a bad idea.
Have just got vinyl for the roof and wing mirrors, with the gp bumpers should look good.

So yeh DCShoesUSA starting to spend a fortune already and haven't even started on engine haha o well cant take it with you
Go for the Cpl intake instead of the hks. It will make better gains and is cheaper

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Once you start modding it take hold of you, you've been bitten and got the BUG.., hope you've got a good overdraft....haha

I'd love flash pro and the hks rsk but I've just built a new mountain bike up so I'm skint

Think I'm going for looks now though
Keep us updated of what your plans are and what you get fella

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did some research on the cpl intake sounds interesting will keep an eye out see if I can find a deal.
Putting on the vinyl this weekend if all goes to plan I will put some pictures up.

Thanks again for the advice

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi robbobaggings thanks for the advice, I have it on watch and will bid if I get a response on price for postage

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Im going to threadjack this very slightly. If VTEC comes in at 3800rpm, does it only engage on WOT ?

Reason I ask, what happens when you are on the motorway, are you in VTEC all the time ?

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
I've got to admit it is very sensitive and it only disengages VTEC again when you drop below 3800 otherwise it will stay on high cam. So if you are cruising on the Mway above 79 and you engage VTEC it will only drop out of high cam once you go below 79 again. But it doesn't bother me as I cruise at 70 (3500rpm) anyways.

discus on our forum mentioned that you can up the actuation pressure on the throttle to .95 to its less sensitive. I have not done this myself but I'm sure discus can provide some additional support.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
If VTEC comes in at 3800rpm, does it only engage on WOT ?
No.

VTEC activates when you reach the threshold for pressure on your intake manifold. This is why in theory it wouldn't come on whilst cruising at motorway speeds.

The activation pressures are customisable in Flashpro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts