2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Another newbie to this forum. I am thinking of buying a new Civic
I have just had a test drive in an absolutely lovely 1.8 Type S GT 57 with Image Pack and 18" Blade Alloys and am very tempted to go for it
Only 3000 miles on it and registered in Dec 07.
ITs at the dealers at 13475.

I have been offered 1 free service, 6 months tax and a decent price for a part exchange.

Wanted to know if the price quoted at 13475 is a good one for the car and should I try to get it down a bit more?

Hoping to get some useful tips and suggestions from you all.

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcome :)
Other dealers in the region are not offering it at any lower price. The ones that I have seen which are cheaper do not have the alloys and image pack which kind of makes this one stand out.

I tried WhatCar and it comes up with a dealer price of £12,465.

I will try to get the dealer to add in some parking sensors to clinch the deal maybe.

Thanks again for your help and I will go through the wiki for more information.

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo :D

The car sounds excellent and from what we are seeing it's not a bad price, but again, like FWH I can't really comment as I don't live in the UK.

Happy Wiki Reading :D

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Dimplyred,
That is reassuring to know that I aint being ripped off !!
:cool:

Yea I will try to haggle for the parking sensors, but after reading the wiki about dodgy sensors being installed, will make sure they are the gen ones.

;)

Will keep you *** posted about the progress and we may soon have another civic owner !!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the madness

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Member !!

Hi all !!
Well chuffed as I have just put down a deposit for the Civic !!!:D

As mentioned before
Its a lovely 1.8 Type S GT 57 reg in Vivid Blue with Image Pack and 18" Blade Alloys
I should have it with me by the end of this week hopefully !! Cant wait to drive it home :)

Oh as an official introduction, am Romesh and am from essex .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all !!
Well chuffed as I have just put down a deposit for the Civic !!!:D

As mentioned before
Its a lovely 1.8 Type S GT 57 reg in Vivid Blue with Image Pack and 18" Blade Alloys
I should have it with me by the end of this week hopefully !! Cant wait to drive it home :)

Oh as an official introduction, am Romesh and am from essex .
You have done the right thing....sounds like a pretty good deal!

I am sure you will love the car!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum Romesh, you didn't hang about with the deal did you. :cool:

What you need now is a civinfo sticker my friend ;)

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aah well I certainly didnt.
But to tell you the truth swmbo and I both loved the car as soon as we sat in it and couldnt find a similar one with the same spec any cheaper near us.

Oh and once I knew we could afford it, I couldnt possibly contemplate losing out :D

I have been reading up on the Wiki and other sections and I think this is a very good forum.
[smilie=upyeah.gif][smilie=upyeah.gif]

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ta Wheelchair.
I have been reading through the forum and have already found a lot of very useful information.

Can see you from my neck of the woods :D
Will keep an eye out for your Civic when I am next in Chelmsford.

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:cool:, yea its not too bad :rolleyes:
A bit quiet on weekends but then Chelmsford is just round the corner. But its a good place to get away from London.

Still waiting for the dealer to get back to me with an exact time when I can go and collect the spaceship :)

Have not seen a lot of Civics in SWF but I bet now that we have bought one, I will see hundreds !!
Keep an eye out for your Civic

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hopefully should be able to collect it tomorrow evening after work.[smilie=ebil-thumbu:
Oh these 24 hours never seem to end !!

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hell I cant !!
Already called the dealer twice today asking if it was ready but they have been quite good so far (fingers crossed) and have patiently told me that they would give me a call when it is ready.
So here's hoping that I get a call first thing tomorrow morning and I might ask for the afternoon off and rush back from London to collect it :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts