2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some decent cleaning products....
I've read loads of posts on here about various cleaning products and I know it is all down to personal preference so rather than asking what to get and getting a hundred different products and be none the wiser I thought I'd make a decision and ask all your expert advice / comments. I am up for alternatives but budget is my main issue. I've got an alabaster silver civic and the wife has a very dark grey mondeo with a blue fleck in the paint and I was trying to accommodate for both cars to keep costs down. Anyway:
Iron X for wheels + any spots on paint I see when cleaning.
Got clay products.
Poorboys SSR1 Polish.
Poorboys black hole for the wife's car.
Poorboys white diamond for mine.
Collinite 845 for both.

Look forward to any alternatives / comments and please go easy on a complete amateur!
Cheers... :D

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Some decent cleaning products....
I've read loads of posts on here about various cleaning products and I know it is all down to personal preference so rather than asking what to get and getting a hundred different products and be none the wiser I thought I'd make a decision and ask all your expert advice / comments. I am up for alternatives but budget is my main issue. I've got an alabaster silver civic and the wife has a very dark grey mondeo with a blue fleck in the paint and I was trying to accommodate for both cars to keep costs down. Anyway:
Iron X for wheels + any spots on paint I see when cleaning.
Got clay products.
Poorboys SSR1 Polish.
Poorboys black hole for the wife's car.
Poorboys white diamond for mine.
Collinite 845 for both.

Look forward to any alternatives / comments and please go easy on a complete amateur!
Cheers... :D
Black hole & white diamond are the same, just a gimmick from the manufacturer IMO.

845 is a great wax.

I've no experience with SSR1

·
Registered
218 Posts
Black hole & white diamond are the same, just a gimmick from the manufacturer IMO.
Agreed.

Also - the more a product costs, the better it is. Put that out of your mind and stick with what you like otherwise you'll fall for all they hype and waste £100's - like we all did.:rolleyes:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Try this Bilt Hamber Korrosol Korrosol | Fallout Remover | Paint Surface Protection same type of product as iron x but you get 50% more for your money and I assure you that you will not be disappointed, as I guess you are doing this by hand then I would also highly recommend Bilt Hamber Hydra-wax Hydra-Wax | Carnauba based Liquid Wax designed for Surface Care Protection as will give a great finish on both cars while very easy to apply and remove.

If you register for the forum Bilt Hamber discount (there is a how to somewhere here) you will get 9% off all your orders ;)

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Try this Bilt Hamber Korrosol Korrosol | Fallout Remover | Paint Surface Protection same type of product as iron x but you get 50% more for your money and I assure you that you will not be disappointed, as I guess you are doing this by hand then I would also highly recommend Bilt Hamber Hydra-wax Hydra-Wax | Carnauba based Liquid Wax designed for Surface Care Protection as will give a great finish on both cars while very easy to apply and remove.

If you register for the forum Bilt Hamber discount (there is a how to somewhere here) you will get 9% off all your orders ;)
Rick I think BH stopped the discount, however a good alternative is to use Opie Oils who stock BH & then use their discount. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...Yeah will be doing all of this by hand so ease of application is also very important! There's so many products out there and don't know what to get for the best...Will certainly look into all of your suggestions though and a bit more research needed on my part before making a decision me thinks!
Thanks for all your comments - mucho gracious!! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts