2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks thinking off trading in the civic for something a bit quicker and harder on the juice lol how much would I expect to get for an 09 type r just turned 16k on the clock , car is like brand new still no marks , dings etc as it spends most off it's time in the garage covered as I have another car to run bout in ! Many thanks for the help in advance ! ☺

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking of trading in too, but the other way (down to a Yaris diesel or small petrol (the hybrid's not out yet)).

My 59 CTR-GT has only done 8k miles, and fuel is killing me (I drive to my train station and the car isn't even warm, and the twice a week school run is in constant traffic). It does get the odd fast run, but it's just not enough to keep it.

Petrol, VED, Insurance, and the monthly payments are just too much for what I'm using it for so it's gotta go.

The car is gorgeous, but I'm just not getting the value out of it.

If it helps, I'm seeing my car going around the £13k price range (due to the mileage I guess).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi
I'm new on here and interestingly going the other way to you. I owned a MY09 WRX STI from new which I sold a year ago due to funding a new house.

Hopefully on Wednesday I'll be picking up a 59 plate Type R GT

Please be prepared for £400+ per/year road tax, 25mpg (normal driving) and high insurance, although mine wasn't to bad £580 with a tracker.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I went the day and took the wrx Sti for a spin, deposit in my pocket ! And guess what??? I cldnt wait get back to my type r!! So when I got home opened the garage , took the cover off it and up the road I went with a big 😃 on my face ( I dont drive it tht much lol ) vtec you got to love it :) ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It wasn't fun to drive to be honest! What did you think off it when u had it?? My bro has an evo x and it's unreal compared to tht wrx Sti ! Now it's fun to drive but the wrx Sti just didn't do it for me!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was interested in either an Evo or scooby a couple of years ago before I bought the type R.

Went for the type R on the basis of cheaper motoring. 12K services versus 6K and cheaper on fuel/insurance and replacement parts too.

But if you can afford it then theres no better options in that price bracket.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would have an evo x now , only thing is insurance on it, wrx Sti was only an extra £140 and evo x was an extra £1k lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
I loved my STI to bits and was really sorry to see it go...
But after driving a Type R I see it may of been a blessing in disguise.
On paper and the real world the STI quicker, however the type R seems to feel quicker and is more fun drive.

Think I'll miss the four wheel drive though

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bro has an fq300 with a wee bit modding and manual and holy **** it's fast!! Think I'll have my type r for another while yet, ive got mugen intake and short shiter on it , now that I'm going hold on that bit longer a toda exhaust is a must :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts