2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I've had my Civic about a week and have spotted something up with the infotainment system and not sure if it is a fault or by design.

If I try to access features in the system that shouldn't be accessible while driving (and rightfully so) like the web browser, I get the alert "This function is not available while the vehicle is in motion. Please try again when stopped".

This however happens when the engine is switched off completely and only the ICE is powered on. Strangely it works fine when the engine is switched on and I don't get this issue. But I don't want to have to run the engine to use these features and waste fuel.

Is this a known issue or does this just affect me?

Super Moderator
Probably because you were a bit vague in your OP.
To which specific 'features' do you refer and I'll check on mine?
It didn't interest me as you referred to the web browser in which I am not interested.

Premium Member
its because you should be looking at the road while driving
rather than try to use certain features and looking at the display panel

Administrator
I suspect that these features only being available when stationary with the ignition on, is an attempt to prevent battery drain.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
its because you should be looking at the road while driving
rather than try to use certain features and looking at the display panel
I mistakenly thought I made it clear in my original post that this occurs while stationary with the engine totally switched off by specifying "This however happens when the engine is switched off completely and only the ICE is powered on.".

I'll try to be more specific in future.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It didn't interest me as you referred to the web browser in which I am not interested.
It appears to be any app hosted underneath the "App List" folder. It also affects the Honda "App Center". Basically, I think it's any native Android app preinstalled on the system.

Like you, I don't really have any desire to use these apps, but it concerns me nonetheless that the ICE interprets engine-off as "moving" and I want to rule out any potential electrical defect. And if so, get it repaired while it's still under warranty. Does that make sense? :smile3:

Super Moderator
There is a whole bunch of the 'normal' functions that aren't available unless the engine is on. I haven't experienced your exact problem as I have not tried to use the functions that you mention. I'll have a look around in my car tomorrow and see if I can see what you mean.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
There is a whole bunch of the 'normal' functions that aren't available unless the engine is on. I haven't experienced your exact problem as I have not tried to use the functions that you mention. I'll have a look around in my car tomorrow and see if I can see what you mean.
I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

Registered
Is your handbrake on?
Normally this is because you handbrake is not engaged.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts