2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other type r was wrote off and I just felt like there was unfinished business so after having a toyota gt86 on test and a focus st old and new nothing compared just love the feel of the type r so here is ........

Got her she was inneed of a really good clean all wheels where kerbed roof was rusting so it's been off to the body shop and got her back yesterday

Let me know what you think

Daz

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also swapped the grill this afternoon as the other had a huge hole in so got one for£20 notj put type r badge on though think it looks better without IMO

Not sure about the wheel colour though I wanted a lighter grey but there alotdarker than I thought they would be but an amazing finish for wheels

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good, how did you find the gt86?
I have to say very drap and boring in the dry horrible sounding engine abit lacking compared to type r. Very unpredictable in the wet I have an mr2 turbo running 350 that much better to drive in the wet. interior has gadgets but feels and looks cheap rattles no boot space to get anything in. All in all not very good

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I have to say very drap and boring in the dry horrible sounding engine abit lacking compared to type r. Very unpredictable in the wet I have an mr2 turbo running 350 that much better to drive in the wet. interior has gadgets but feels and looks cheap rattles no boot space to get anything in. All in all not very good
Now they are not really my cup of tea but very interesting comments as the press seem to really rate them:worms:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now they are not really my cup of tea but very interesting comments as the press seem to really rate them:worms:
Just didn't suit my style of driving (nearly 30 so not a boy racer) neighbour had ago to he didn't like so went and bought a an s2000 instead

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
that is soooooooooooo sweet m 8! very, very, nice;)

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Very nice mate. Im happy to swap my standard wheels with you if you want lol. Still to get mine changed to black. Looks good though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There not black the a really dark anthrecite grey that's what I'm unsure of

This was the colouring expected

I purposely didn't want black or dark grey wanted above - even took the bloke out side and showed him the rage wheel inserts which are a similar colour :-/ gone out this morning to a flat tyre so tyre not sealed properly is anybody any good with photoshop fancy I doing a wheel on my car to check I'm right :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been back for some rework

As I'd already said I wasn't happy with the wheel colour so the body shop agreed to redo the wheels and here are the results :) hope you like

Look loads better in my opinion also tidied up the rust number plate screws too

Cheers Daz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts