Administrator
19,185 Posts
Looks stunning I have to say!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. Great colour. Looks like you have avoided the stone chips too :D
Hi Thanks....not avoided the stone chips just repaired them carefully....using the touch up let dry, wipe over with IPA method to blend in........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IPA method ? Tell us more.
Basically reading a few posts on detailing world it was suggested that a good way of blending the paint is to touch up the affected area, let the paint dry for a while, then wipe over with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) which removes the excess paint, allowing a better blend.

This does work to an extent, but is better on smaller chips, and like anything takes a bit of practice. There are products that can be purchased that work in a similar manner where paint is supplied to match your car and a 'magic' cleaning solution, which is probably something similar.

There is lots of discussion about this on detailing world, including the braver method of touching up, wet sanding and polishing.....

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Basically reading a few posts on detailing world it was suggested that a good way of blending the paint is to touch up the affected area, let the paint dry for a while, then wipe over with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) which removes the excess paint, allowing a better blend.

This does work to an extent, but is better on smaller chips, and like anything takes a bit of practice. There are products that can be purchased that work in a similar manner where paint is supplied to match your car and a 'magic' cleaning solution, which is probably something similar.

There is lots of discussion about this on detailing world, including the braver method of touching up, wet sanding and polishing.....

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try that one out. :)

At the moment I do it the 'braver' way and it is ok, if a little scary. :p

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Looking good! I think a type r grill badge would set it off nicely;-)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought IPA stood for India Pale Ale i.e. you drink loads of beer and forget about the stone chips!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
looks familiar ...............lol

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I thought IPA stood for India Pale Ale i.e. you drink loads of beer and forget about the stone chips!

Could just do with a pint or 2 of IPA at the moment just washed polished and touched a couple of stone chips:beer:
Car looks the bees knees chelle

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Very clean & shinny

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
looks great you picked the best colour

1 - 15 of 15 Posts