2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Gaz
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon Guys and Girls,

What are your thoughts on private plates? Nice touch or not. What have you got? Ive been looking for one this past week and ive found one i like ending in CTR... Is that lame?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
It's a :worms: and no mistake.

Her indoors sees personalised number plates as the surest sign that the owner is a ******.

For this reason, I've never got them but I do quite like them. At least nobody can tell how old, exactly, your car is.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
On my list of things to do, however personal to me rather than the car. So would get my initials rather than a 'CTR' or 'BMW' option.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I saw R888 CTR up for sale the other day, not a bad looking plate. Personally it would have to be something that was EXACTLY what I wanted, e.g CW433 CTR for my CW number 433, but the combinations that I would be happy with I haven't been able to find. Unfortunately as Peteo mentioned there do seem to be a higher number of people who own private plates therefore think they own the road! :worms:

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
There are some great ones about. Equally you see others where the link between the number and anything in particular is quite hard to work out. I'd prefer something personal rather than the make of the car. Mainly so you can transfer to a new car if you change make and model.

The really good ones are eye wateringly expensive though.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I dont get it but my mate has w4ssv and is name is wassy so does look good and to be honest I did look for FN02 CTR for the CTR as I thought it would look good for £245 but you guessed it someone already has it.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
One of the reasons I have a personal plate (with CTR in it) is that it's dateless, which I quite like. It cost very little too :)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
One of the reasons I have a personal plate (with CTR in it) is that it's dateless, which I quite like. It cost very little too :)
Dateless plates are the way forward :) although they can be quite pricey. I picked up mine for £6,000 below its value. Was really pleased.

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Dateless plates are the way forward :) although they can be quite pricey. I picked up mine for £6,000 below its value. Was really pleased.
Bloody hell, I don't wanna know what you paid for it if you got £6000 off.

I like the idea of them, just struggling to find any that I like. I'm struggling even more as the ones I generally like are ALOT of money...like more than the cars worth sort of money.

My mind can't process the thought of me shelling out for one.

Maybe one day...

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I've got one, its more personal to me though n88 rmw stands for nineteen88 rmw (initials) I think a personalised plate is more for your benefit than anybody else's makes you feel good when you see the motor with it in an gives it a personal touch.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Where the heck from?

The only one I would ever invest in is a dateless plate; unfortunately anything with "SAM" on it is stupidly expensive so it's probably only going to happen when I've won the lottery.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I dont get it but my mate has w4ssv and is name is wassy so does look good and to be honest I did look for FN02 CTR for the CTR as I thought it would look good for £245 but you guessed it someone already has it.
sure the owners on here? i reconise the reg..

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
hate private plates, they drive around like they own the place ...........

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Afternoon Guys and Girls,

What are your thoughts on private plates? Nice touch or not. What have you got? Ive been looking for one this past week and ive found one i like ending in CTR... Is that lame?
Get one mate. I have one and I love the way my car looks distinct :cool:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I've got one but it doesn't make any sense. A number plate that spells orange on a black car...looked better on my orange punto I had previously

Sent from my Nokia 3310

1 - 20 of 119 Posts