2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Thoughts, Opinions

906 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Higgo8 
#1 ·
Deionised water.
Usually during the winter months, from about October through to March. I use Halfords ready mixed -10 screenwash (the purple one) in my washer bottle. However during the summer I get extravagant and swap to a summer screenwash, usually a mix it yourself product. Autoglym, Gucci, Angelwax, whatever tickles my doodah. But this means mixing with aldershot stock, tap water which in my area is hard water. Not wanting to have any trouble with blocked washer jets or pipes or sludge a tractor could get stuck in in the bottom of my washer bottle been considering deionised water for my summer usage. Anybody used this themselves? Problems with it? I can get 2.5litre bottle for £1.25 from Wilkes. I buy the stuff for my killer death fly eating plants as they prefer it to tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I just use tap water without problem and my water is extremely hard

I cant see there would be an issue, usually scale only builds up in things that are heated eg kettles and even then its only after a large quantity of water has passed through. I only fill my washer reservoir a handful of time a year and just use Prestone or whatever's on offer at the supermarket.

The main enemy of washer jets seems to be sludge caused by bacteria / slime / whatever that should be avoided as long as a decent concentration of screenwash is used

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.