2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can everyone focus on keeping posts limited to the subject of the thread.

I am totally in favour of long diverse chat threads, but please can you not turn a Civic related thread in the main forums into one of these. All of these threads should be kept in the non Civic chat area.

Thank you.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Please can everyone focus on keeping posts limited to the subject of the thread.

I am totally in favour of long diverse chat threads, but please can you not turn a Civic related thread in the main forums into one of these. All of these threads should be kept in the non Civic chat area.

Thank you.

Well said that man :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Pottsy,
Totally agree. Something took a turn for the worse recently which I think is inappropriate on a site like this, it starts resembling a chat room, I think.
Regards, pcr.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Yup, right with ya there Potts mate.....btw did you watch Spooks the other night....bloody great [smilie=cheeky-grin: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ST, the banter is good, just not where is changes the subject in a thread about the Civ. We have many more readers than posters, and it makes it tricky to read about a certain problem and possibly its solution, when the thread diversifies within a few posts.

All the fun and games are welcome in the non-Civ section, and occasionally in the introductions section.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pottsy is it possible to stop threads in the off-topic forum form appearing on the front page ?

Only asking because this would help solve a lot of the problem with users getting mixed up in a conversation

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow that was quick and should keep everyone happy.

People wanting to chat can do so and people wanting to talk about civics can see the hot topics

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Just to reiterate.

"Chatting" ie off topic conversations about things are fine in the off-topic forum.

"Padding" ie posting for the sake of it, to increase post count is not fine

:)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts

Well said. It's tedious clicking on subjects your interested in reading about to find the subject matter so far off topic

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

Thank you.

thank you for bringing this up i was starting to panic when doing my bi daily log in to find 200+ posts each time, and most of it was banter it's hard to trawl through specific honda related threads to find the gems at the moment

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I thought that I kept on thread.

I just seemed to upset people who don't look out of the back!

"What you don't do is always more important than what you do do!"

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Thanks for this; a bit of banter is good; but sometimes pages have to be trawled through to get to one particular piece of info...

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
here here it was becoming a joke

1 - 20 of 20 Posts