2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys, nice and easy for any one feeling generous enough to check the noise their throttle body makes.

Just put your ignition on and step on the gas and can you describe the noise as a buzzing coming from the throttle body, mine is standard but even the other performance start out as a standard one.

I understand it's dbw

The noise doesn't sound healthy on mine but 5 seconds after no throttle it goes silent, is the sound normal I'm not expecting it to be silent just not as alarming. (Sounds like a rc car servo)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Mine does something similar.

The sound is high pitched coming from the TB motor when you ignition-on but I can only hear mine when the intake pipe is off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was doing checking how smooth it is. Plus cleaning it/oiling the throttle plate arm,

I have the hesitation lots of people experience, tried all cheaper options now throttle body is up next. From data I can see it sort of jams then flicks from 20% to 50% in the body itself, but my pedal only sees a 10-20% increase.

The s2000 boys seem far ahead on the hesitation than fn2 guys(ep3 is not dbw so doesn't count.) they seem to conclude its either throttle body motor. Or a flaw in mapping seems strange that k20's have this across the board I'm also aware that people join in with a host of normal hesitation components, o2 sensor-maf-vacuum leaks. All of which I've checked.

·
4,275 Posts
Mine's mapped and has a slight hesitation, will hopefully be mapped out once the bigger TB is fitted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea on what the cost is for a stock throttle body, I see the J35 are about £140-£160 but I can't be buying a flash pro to even out the throttle. For the 2mm size difference. Cheers for your reply musegroove

·
4,275 Posts
I'd avoid J35 as they can fry the ECU (rare but not unheard of).

I'd personally get a low milage scrapper one circa £100 if you want to swap out, that's what I plan to do if the motor does turn out to be going. New you'll be looking at silly money mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts