2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The time has come to upgrade my R a little. I'm not very mechanically minded but I've read on the forum about some various mods that can be done as well as having a mate who has done some of these to his ep3.

Right now the only mods are a 2.5inch custom exhaust and an hks air intake.

I'm now buying a skunk 2 intake manifold and an exhaust manifold and then hopefully taking the car to tdi north for a remap (unsure if ecutek or hondata yet) but my main problem is possibly a daft question......Do I need to upgrade the standard throttle body or is it not worth it? What map do you guys recommend?

I'd really appreciate ANY info here!

Thanks

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
If you're buying an intake manifold then a larger throttle body is ideal as the manifold by itself won't make much of a difference as it'll be bottle necked by the TB.

Personally I'd find one that fits to the S2 manifold such as a S2 72mm TB but not heard great things about their throttle bodies, plenty of idling issues.

An FD2 / Mugen TB paired with a RRC manifold is probably the best combo as you're looking at silly money above that for minimal gains.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really appreciate the feedback there mate....only problem I have is ive already bought the intake manifold. I understand what your saying about the tb...makes sense!

Can anyone recommend a tb that will fit the skunk2 manifold?

Ideally not something ridiculously priced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts