2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Throttle body

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mattsbobo 
#1 ·
Just had a sniff around and It looks like you can get a 70mm spoon throttle body for £400, They say gains of 7bhp on a totally stock engine, surely with good induction kit / exhaust its got to be more.

Im just wondering why no one seems to talk about them when people modd the type R,
I if they give you 7bhp for £400 then they are better value than the top end inducton kits ??

#3 ·
Yeah there is a Spoon one but aparently there are idle issues and it's hard to make it fit because of it's 70mm diameter, I was thinking of the FD2 one which is slightly bigger than the FN2, plus RRC FD2 intake manifold which is supposed to be great.

All of these things will be much more advantagous once Hondata hurry up with the mappable upgrade.

#5 ·
Yes they are, but I don't think we're really in a position to see the max gains just yet. As we well know, there isn't a great (inexpensive) tuning solution for the FN/FG/FA class Civics just yet. We also know the painful downside to the DBW system: Sluggish response, and the butterfly not fully opening, when you're flooring it.

If read some interseting thing about the new Blitz, and Buddy Club DBW controllers (I'm not sure if that's what they're really called). In a nutshell, they amp up the signal that goes to the TB, gives you quicker throttle response, and opens the butterfly fully. It's a fairly new product, and is currently being used in Japan. As far as the US market goes, I haven't read anything about anybody trying it out yet on the Si. They cost about $300-$400.

#9 ·
sorry to jump on this thread but its the same thing throttle bodys i run a FN2 on a modified EP3 maifold on a normal cable system and standard TB has any one got any information on uprated TB for a EP3 Mainfold please
I don't know anything about the EP3, it's running a cable throttle right? These Civics have drive by wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.