2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i have type r with rrc mani, gruppem airbox, race header and full custom exausth and flashpro. Im deciding to buy tb or not.. What benefits should i get from bigger tb? Is it worth it on setups like mine or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody knows if the stock intake pipe can be used with j35TB? I remember that i read somewhere, that you can heat up the pipe and then fit it on j35tb. Is this true?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Does anybody knows if the stock intake pipe can be used with j35TB? I remember that i read somewhere, that you can heat up the pipe and then fit it on j35tb. Is this true?

thanks
You can use the OEM pipe but after a while it'll split. I've got the FD2 one which fits, but you need to stretch it as it not really long enough.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use the OEM pipe but after a while it'll split. I've got the FD2 one which fits, but you need to stretch it as it not really long enough.
So, does the fd2 one work well on the long run? How much did you pay?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
So, does the fd2 one work well on the long run? How much did you pay?

thanks
Mines still OK, but I'm sure I've seen some posts where that has also split. I think Injection Imports can get the FD2 pipes for about 50 GBP

·
Registered
170 Posts
F1le is correct.

money is best spent elsewhere they do nothing for basic breather mods alone.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Stock cams=stock TB

Your local Honda dealer can get the FD2 pipe too. Part number is 17228-RRC-000

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I'm running OEM pipe for 2 years fitted to large 70mm TB with no problem at all, the clue was to put heat on it during fitting over TB. We used this type of heater which is being used when you are tinting windows. During this heat treatment rubber became very ductile (I hope I used a correct word) and it was easy to put it over larger TB.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So basicly, i wouldnt get one single hp on stock cams with bigger tb? On that matter, is the rrc a waste of money too?

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
So basicly, i wouldnt get one single hp on stock cams with bigger tb? On that matter, is the rrc a waste of money too?
Here you can find :

1/ Thin line - K20 with cams, exhaust, increased c/r but on OEM inlet manifold (RSP) and stock TB
2/ Thick line - as above but on RRC + large TB

You can answer yourself if it's worth or not. I assume if you have no cams the difference will be much smaller.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
One way of looking at it is by getting the TB you will future proof it for bigger mods. I have one and my pipe split last week. Need to sort a long term solution for it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One way of looking at it is by getting the TB you will future proof it for bigger mods. I have one and my pipe split last week. Need to sort a long term solution for it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, i will put cams in sooner or later. Is j35 ok for stage 2 cams?

thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts