2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i replaced my 1.8 petrol 5dr 4 pads (not discs) with pagid pads from ECP.

when i coming to a stop i get a quiet thud noise from rear as if a can of de icer hitting the rear of my boot . so i took every thing out my boot and fold seats down so i could hear it better .

it still happen , so i checked the boot inside where you store the jack / the air pump and its not loose.

as i had my 4 pads replaced i saw on internet its possible its due to the pads smaller /loose in the calipers which may explain this thud noise im hearing when it falls back into its position?

is this ok /dangerous?
i bought from ECP by typing in my car reg

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it was this one Pagid Brake PadsPart No.: 101600248 List Price £50.00
Was £37.70
Now £28.37 Save 25%
(Online and Click & Collect price only) (Priced Per Axle)

Product Details
Brake System Lucas Fitting Kit 107600148
Height [mm] 46,4 Number of Wear Indicators 2
Thickness [mm] 15,7 Wear Warning Contact with acoustic wear warning
Width [mm] 95,5 Engine Code R18A2
Fitting Position Rear Fitted Quantity 1
Other Information Model Code FK2*

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Does it thud every time you brake?

It's not unusual to have pads clunk the first time you brake when braking backwards and then forward and visa versa.

Are the calipers all nipped up nice and tight?

When was it last serviced/MOT'd? - a ball joint or track rod might be tired?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I get a similar thing, but would describe it as a click more than a thud. I put it down to over filing the locater lugs on the pads when I changed them, leaving them with a bit of play so they click from side to side depending on direction of braking.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Revisited this again today, changed the mintex rear pads for oem. Mintex were a good 4-5mm smaller than the oem. No more rattling now, but a bit of rubbing, so will probably have to file a bit more off the edges tomroow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts