2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Some of you are aware I am trying to make my Vivd Derv look a little more sporty!

I have been really struggling for Type R parts - namely the arches and skirts. I have front and rear splitters.

I have just picked up a front Civic Ti 500 Splitter on ebay as I am informed this would go on and match the front arches.
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I think it looks very sporty on google...

And compared to the R I dont think is a bad substitute...

After a little styling advice now... these fins in the middle are reportedly quite weak so I was wondering how they would look with a black steel mesh over them like the Type R?

Also for the rear, do I buy the matching kit OR after already finding triangles, splitters and reflectors hold out for two rear arches then do what is described here to the rear?
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/69114-fitting-type-r-splitters-standard-skirts.html

I think the R back end is much nicer than the Ti....

HELP!!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Hi guys,

Some of you are aware I am trying to make my Vivd Derv look a little more sporty!

I have been really struggling for Type R parts - namely the arches and skirts. I have front and rear splitters.

I have just picked up a front Civic Ti 500 Splitter on ebay as I am informed this would go on and match the front arches.
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I think it looks very sporty on google...

And compared to the R I dont think is a bad substitute...

After a little styling advice now... these fins in the middle are reportedly quite weak so I was wondering how they would look with a black steel mesh over them like the Type R?

Also for the rear, do I buy the matching kit OR after already finding triangles, splitters and reflectors hold out for two rear arches then do what is described here to the rear?
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/69114-fitting-type-r-splitters-standard-skirts.html

I think the R back end is much nicer than the Ti....

HELP!!! :confused:
Hi Juddernman,

In the same boat mate, got two deals lined up for Type R splitters and triangles, but no joy with skirts or arches.

Not sure what to do!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did inquire with Cox about Ti splitters, they can do them at a very reasonable price! I think they look good too!

I have a second hand front but cant decide where to go from here!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be interested :)

Ti splitter can always go back up for sale haha!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
The TI doesn't have the flared out rear arches and it's slightly less agressive, but it does look very nice :D

I think it uses the smaller spoiler too (TypeS)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
67.90 for arches, 104.94 for skirts are the prices I've seen + VAT. That price isn't too bad for brand new kit. It's not much cheaper on the forum, and more than that on eBay for second hand parts.

Dan did a great deal on the GP splitter group buy and I've promised him my return business. If anyone gets fed up of waiting for scraps then we should get this organised. I know there's a few people out there posting wanted threads and maybe others out there who would join in?

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
67.90 for arches, 104.94 for skirts are the prices I've seen + VAT. That price isn't too bad for brand new kit. It's not much cheaper on the forum, and more than that on eBay for second hand parts.

Dan did a great deal on the GP splitter group buy and I've promised him my return business. If anyone gets fed up of waiting for scraps then we should get this organised. I know there's a few people out there posting wanted threads and maybe others out there who would join in?
Agreed.

The £67.90 is per arch, yeah? :)

I've sent him another PM, but if you have dealt with Dan before, then happy for you to take the lead!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally its the VAT that ruins the R stuff for me... may be able to work around it with R stuff being more readily available than the GP packs...

If we could get the prices down to the pre-VAT £67 per arch I think people would be interested....

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Judderman, sorry I'm not hijacking. Whatever bits you decide on hopefully we could get rolled into one big group buy. :)

Personally the only rear I like is the CTR splitter so I'd go for that. Moreso than the GP and Mugen offerings.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problemo Johnnyrocket mate! Its a topic many including myself are interested in.

Personally now I think I will stay with the Ti front but if I could get Type R rear aches and blend them in like Brian did in the post above...
I can have the type r wide stance on the back end tapered to a nice sporty Ti front...

Group buy on R stuff is a great shout though!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
If anybody is willing to order these before the end of the month (ie Tuesday) I will do you the best deal possible on these. Just PM me your requirements and I'll get back to you with a price.

Cheers

Andy.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
If anybody is willing to order these before the end of the month (ie Tuesday) I will do you the best deal possible on these. Just PM me your requirements and I'll get back to you with a price.

Cheers

Andy.
I'd be interested, after milano skirts and arches.

Are you wanting us to drop you a PM individually or are you open to a group buy?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like theres a possibility for a good deal here - I have sent personal PM suggest people all do the same - I may call later to discuss option of Group buy but the price is good at £65 per arch...

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Sounds like theres a possibility for a good deal here - I have sent personal PM suggest people all do the same - I may call later to discuss option of Group buy but the price is good at £65 per arch...
I've also dropped a PM, interested to see whether there is any more flex for a group buy as I know this will interest a few people.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Nice to see dealers posting!
I'm interested in a price for 4x wheel arches and skirts... I think as a general rule that's what everyone needs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.