2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave my lease co. a bit of a roasting yesterday because they sat on my Civic order before pulling their finger out and now the MOT on my Laguna is about to pop. So they have given me a BMW 320d to tied me over till the Civic comes. God it's Dull! Had some friends telling me 'Oh, you won't want to give it back' and you know what! I really will!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Good luck trying to come out of any juctions! Nobody lets BMW drivers out! Strange.

Never driven one, but I assume they are very good handling etc, but GOD THEY'RE DULL!

·
Registered
125 Posts
MAldax, when you get the BMW could you check something out for me?
HAve a look and see if it actually has indicators fitted or not......none of them over here seem to have them fitted!!!
;)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
They don't come as standard, so people tend to go for the de-badging option rather than the indicators. Why take the badge off and pretend its a hacked-up jacked-up M3 when it has a w**ky little exhaust poking out of the back, you can spot 316's from a mile off.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is what I have found up about BMW's

They have a steering wheel, and a radio

·
Registered
975 Posts
lol they are great cars, and to be honest if you have the sport kits bmw does they looks really nice.
also they drive great and are cheaper than mercedes, probably not cheaper than audis but they're just glorified volkswagens.

+ they are the number one premium car maker in the world

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
There are some peaches in the BMW range, as well as some utter howlers. Some of the smaller cars with the huge diesels seem quite nice, but the whole range is hugely expensive for what you get. I had a new 3 series a few years ago, it depreciated £20,000 in 15 months, cost £1,000 every 3 months in servicing, drove like a tractor and even blew it's engine! So I've never really had the urge to go back. And (as is repeatedly pointed out), the Mondeo is rarer than the 3 series.

·
Registered
144 Posts
To be honest the bog standard 320d will be short on extras, but move up the range and the SE / M-Sport or even the ES will have a lot more kit . Only ever been in the 330d and that moves , but it was loaded with extras

·
Registered
975 Posts
- higher models hold their value better which is odd, but due to sales volumes
-they now have a service pack which is good

- my dad has had 8 and does 20-5 000 miles per annum and they tend to be good.
-last one did bloe up but after 100 and something thousand miles and it was a v8
-now hes got a 530d
-also uncle has a 6 series which is my favroite
-and another uncle a 118d i forced him to buy lol

- i would have liked a black 1 series but insurance would be mad

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
sco77harris said:
lol they are great cars, and to be honest if you have the sport kits bmw does they looks really nice.
also they drive great and are cheaper than mercedes, probably not cheaper than audis but they're just glorified volkswagens.

I think that's a bit of an exeggeration. I don't think the are #1 over the likes of Bently, Aston Martin or Rolls Royce, or even more mainstreem manufacturers like Lexus. But of course I don't know if you mean #1 in quality or sheer bulk of metal on the road.

The problem I have with BMWs is similar to alot of other people's problems. It's the drivers of said cars. I know thats a huge generalisation to make, and I will get flamed for saying that, but there is an undeniable trend of bad/aggresive/'yobish' driving and BMW drivers. Many people feel that BMW drivers think 'they own the road', especially the 3rd lane of a motorway.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many people feel that BMW drivers think 'they own the road', especially the 3rd lane of a motorway.
Well now I have one, it says in the manual that the Motorways are now mine to do with as I wish! ;-)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bungle said:
sco77harris said:

The problem I have with BMWs is similar to alot of other people's problems. It's the drivers of said cars. I know thats a huge generalisation to make, and I will get flamed for saying that, but there is an undeniable trend of bad/aggresive/'yobish' driving and BMW drivers. Many people feel that BMW drivers think 'they own the road', especially the 3rd lane of a motorway.
Totally agree with you. You don't see the same bad behaviour from Mercedes drivers or Lexus drivers or Fords, Fiats, Seats, VWs......
....What is it that gets them that way?!
(I know it's not all of them....but you see it more with BMW than any other make) :roll:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Here it's Mercs and Beemers that seem to own the roads.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Raegten said:
Bungle said:
sco77harris said:

Totally agree with you. You don't see the same bad behaviour from Mercedes drivers or Lexus drivers or Fords, Fiats, Seats, VWs......
(I know it's not all of them....but you see it more with BMW than any other make) :roll:
Most of the bad BMW driving is in poverty spec cars. It's people who've gone without quite as many **** to pay for their nice debadged 316.

Not just them though...there are pockets of bad driving from Z series drivers (think they're better than they are at driving), M series (more money than skill)

·
Registered
975 Posts
basegreen said:
Raegten said:
Bungle said:
sco77harris said:

Most of the bad BMW driving is in poverty spec cars. It's people who've gone without quite as many **** to pay for their nice debadged 316.

Not just them though...there are pockets of bad driving from Z series drivers (think they're better than they are at driving), M series (more money than skill)
totally agree - its always someone whos bought some second hand or bargin basement model and thinks they're really cool now.

the same is true of mercedes drives - i was on the edge of a yellow box, so couldnt move, so a man in an old clk hoots me, im like where do you want me to go lol

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Passat drivers can be a problem, its like they have a complex cos they really want an Audi.

·
Registered
975 Posts
richierich said:
Passat drivers can be a problem, its like they have a complex cos they really want an Audi.
love it so true :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
When I was working motorways for the highways agency incident response as a supervisor alongside the traffic police,
the percentage of BMW's involved at rta's etc was particularly high. The term often used by the attending agencies was
"yet another Brainless Moronic W**ker"

Sorry to any BMW drivers past or present but thats the way it was, so maybe some extra care from all vehicle drivers when at speed,
because believe me did I have to witness and sort out some absolute horrific carnage out there!

Maybe just coincidence re BMW's but a 100% true story.

Be safe everyone - from someone who's seen the consequences first hand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts