2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used plasticare on my trim so its nice and black, what product is best to preserve the glossyness? I have a few tins of cheap spray on back to black stuff but it doesnt last very long.

Have heard of the Meg's Endurance stuff buts whats your views?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

BUT dont over apply it or it wll spread all over your wheels
I believe the DW expression is 'fling'

Application:
Wipe on liberally with a sponge
Wipe off with an old cloth

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Can vouch for Megs Endurance tyre gel. I apply using a sponge applicator. 2 x 10p sized blobs do a wheel. I dont buff off as such as I wipe the wheel after about 10 mins with the same applicator (without applying anymore gel). Not sure it is for the trim though. I use Megs trim restorer for that.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

BUT dont over apply it or it wll spread all over your wheels
I believe the DW expression is 'fling'

Application:
Wipe on liberally with a sponge
Wipe off with an old cloth

SLING i think robbo

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Megs is ok for trim too?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i use megs for my tyres and Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq for my trim. Works out cheaper in the long run as it will last years. Give you trim a good clean before,just remember a little goes a long way. For instructions have a read on there site

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
How long does the gtech stuff last roughly. I been looking at getting the megs just want one that lasts a few months if possible I dont do a lot of mileage
Quite a while judging by the write up:
T1 is based on chemical nanotechnology designed to offer previously unattainable durability, hydrophobicity (water repellency) and oleophobicity (oil repellency).
  • Supreme durability
  • Dirt and water repellent
  • Satin finish with single coat
  • Gloss finish with multiple coats

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.