2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
i took mine to Mansfield Honda for the valve clearance's and they replaced my brake and clutch fluid for me for £65 if i remember right

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i took mine to Mansfield Honda for the valve clearance's and they replaced my brake and clutch fluid for me for £65 if i remember right

Whaa that seems cheap, is the rocker cover easier to remove on the type S?, i'll be giving them a call tomorrow then. I just assumed they would be super expensive?

Regards, Olly

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

Opinions on this one?

[smilie=nope.gif]
Dad's car! Getting on for 9 Years old as far as I know.

Think I've found myself a job to do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you get close enough it smells strange too. Bleeding the clutch is one of the easier jobs on this car (along with the oil filter). As per "how to" guide, remove the nasties from the reservoir and clean it. Be prepared for several top ups before it comes out the correct colour at the other end! And re discover what a nice gearbox it is!.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeh it's really easy to do , mine was black when it came out, shocking.

I'm going to do the brake fluid too, hoping thats not the same colour!

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's most important to change the brake fluid at the recommended intervals. Not only can the fluid boil because its hydroscopic and absorbs water the pistons can corrode if its left long enough. I had the experience of brake failure in the Swiss Alps years ago when the pedal went down to the floor and it's been with me ever since. Pumping the pedal does restore the travel but it needs to be done every time you brake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No worries, the price on their website is £120 for valve clearences etc. I'll give them a call anyway.

Regards, Olly

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Hi Olly
Mansfield Honda charged me £100 for valve clearance's and £65 for brake and clutch fluid, they also sent me a video of them inspecting the car

1 - 20 of 26 Posts